Will Protected Content pages & posts show up in search results?

Greetings -

I'm slowly getting my act together, setting up a membership area for my site using Protected Content.

One concern I have is whether protected content will show up in the search engine results - whether below the more tag, behind shortcode protection, or on a page / post that was created and protected. Do I need to do anything beyond the use of Protected Content (noindex, for example)?

That brings me to a second question - if I have a page or post (or part of one) that's already been published, so it's already 'out there', will adding protection to that whole page or post be effective? Will protecting just a part of the page or post be effective (below a more tag or using a shortcode)?

Thanks - Dennis

• Jude

Hi there @Dennis

Hope you're doing great !!

Do I need to do anything beyond the use of Protected Content (noindex, for example)?

Nope just protecting the content will block search engines from indexing it.

if I have a page or post (or part of one) that's already been published, so it's already 'out there', will adding protection to that whole page or post be effective?

Initially the site will be exposed, but when it gets reindexed then the protected content will no longer be visible.

How ever there are some sites like this one that keep perpetual caches where some of the content may still be visible

http://www.cachedpages.com/

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.