will resizing help with hummingbird score?

Hi,
I have support access on for aficreditsolutions.com. Will using smush to resize the images help with the hummingbird score this site currently has/ If so, what dimensions would be ideal? Also would it effect the image of the boardroom on the homepage?

• Kris
    • Support

Hi cornelius_butler

Hope you are doing good today.

I see at this point Hummingbird is disabled on you site. Do you use now any other cache plugin on site?

I also check your score on GTMetrix and it does not say nothing about top image.
    GTMetrix points only issues with images on homepage in section called "Proudly Serving Clients Since 2003".
    This section is load on homepage load from template called "Tentative New HomePage" which tell us that you call there images 1024. Using other image size, which is available there (edit image and choose other thumbnail size) will possibly solve issue with images size.

However Smush CDN and resize feature will do this automatically for all site, so this save many hours of work :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Kris
    • Support

Hi cornelius_butler

I review Hummingbird score and for Smush CDN + resize feature will help here for sure.
    As for image of the boardroom this image is small than this image holder so Smush CDN resize issue should not affect this image size.

You should also review "Eliminate render-blocking resources" from this score.
    Hummingbird -> Asset Optimization with advanced mode should help to fix those issues.

Here is a link to Asset Optimization docs :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/#chapter-asset-optimization

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.