Will Snapshot do a full back up and restore of a multiste install? Will it also easily allow certain

Hi, I was wondering about the capabilities of Snapshot, for instance;

Will Snapshot do a full back up and restore of a multiste install?

Will it also easily allow certain sites within a multisite install be restored, and not others?

Can I clone sites with it?

Can I clone a site with Snapshot and then restore the site on another hosting platform?

And if the above is true. Is how to do all of this covered in the documentation?

I suppose I really want to know how it compares to xcloner and Backup Buddy?

Regards

Sam

• Paul

Will Snapshot do a full back up and restore of a multiste install?

No, Snapshot does not do full backups into a single archive of your Multisite system. Snapshot does allow you only to backup a single site within the Multisite environment. No plan to add a full single archive backup. Plus Snapshot does not backup everything. For example it does not backup WP core files. Only uploads, plugins and theme.

Will it also easily allow certain sites within a multisite install be restored, and not others?

Yes, Because Snapshot only does backups per blog it lets you manage restore these much easier. Easier than having to restore the entire Multisite system.

Can I clone sites with it?

No. We are working on some migration features.

Can I clone a site with Snapshot and then restore the site on another hosting platform?

No. See previous answer

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.