Will Synch Users plugin work with users registered on the master site via M2?

I am trying to set up a network of member sites that share users registered at the master site through M2 paid memberships. Multisite is not an option as budgeting for this project does not allow for dedicated IP and I lack the skills to set up multisite with domain mapping on a vps. In any event, I am needing to know if the combo of these two plugins will accomplish what I need.
Also, if anyone has a comprehensive tutorial for how to set up wordpress in subdomain multisite mode in a DO droplet that would be amazing!

Thanks all!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Steven,

Hope you're well?

Yes, it will sync users registered with M2P plugin, however it will only sync the user & their profile info. It will not sync their membership subscriptions or anything.

With regards to multisite, you don't necessarily require a static IP for domain-mapping, that is only required if you are mapping the domain using A records.

If you park the domain on the server, then point it at the multisite folder, that will work too. But parking the domain will prevent the domain owners from being able to setup email accounts for that domain, that's the downside of parking it as opposed to using A records.

Hope this helps

• Steven
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Great. I will go with the parked domain option and then redirect them all to the home url by name( http:// mysite. com) or do I redirect them to the public html folder?

Thanks again. I'm a WP noob. I got lost in Joomla land for a few years.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.