Will this work with a subfolder install?

I have discover.wooster.edu setup as a subfolder Network. I have Multisite Analytics enabled for the network and each site sees a place to enter a GA code. I have had several users tell me that when they enter their URL (discover.wooster.edu/username) into Google to get an analytics code, they get an error saying that the URL is not valid. So will this work for a subfolder install or does it have to be a subdomain install?

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I found this information searching through the threads here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-set-it-up-for-sub-directory.

Insofar as I know, this should work, but your users may have some trouble signing for for Google Analytics accounts when using the subdirectory URL. Have you had any users who already have Google Analytics accounts enter their tracking information? Everything should work fine for them. For those who are having trouble signing up, they should be able to obtain a UA code and then enter it for their site(s) if they use a different URL during the registration for Google Analytics.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I just created another sub-account under my main Google Analytics account using discover.wooster.edu as the domain and everything went as expected.

Try creating a test site (e.g., discover.wooster.edu/test/) and then creating a Google Analytics sub-account for that test site (using discover.wooster.edu) as the URL during the account creation. Once you've done that, enter the UA code into the administration panel for the test site. Visit the site and see if the visit shows up in the real-time tracker.

That should work, but please report back if it doesn't.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.