Will WP Smush Pro work with S3 and Offload S3 Lite

Hi, I am currently using the Offload S3 Lite plugin with cloudfront and am looking to optimize all of my images. My question is will SmushPro optimize images that are already on S3 using the Offload S3 plugin? The plugin copies everything over to S3 and keeps a local copy and then uses rewrite to serve from S3/Cloudfront. FYI, I haven't installed the pro plugin just yet, only the lite one. I want to make sure it works before doing so.

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The WP Smush Pro plugin will handle the files that are stored locally (in relation to WP install) and won't affect files offloaded to S3 unless the S3 offload plugin is able to keep them synchronized. From what I know though it doesn't do this.

We are constantly developing the plugin and there are new features added so I moved this post to our "Features and Feedback" forum. This way other members of our community will be able to give it a vote, thus giving our developers an incentive to introduce some sort of S3 integration in one of the future plugin releases.

Best regards,
    Adam