With Buddypress and Membership installed, will Directory create a list page?

I have Membership and Buddypress interacting but would like a fully built out list of Buddypress users with the BP custom fields showing. Does Directory do that? Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dave,

Hope you're doing well today!

BuddyPress comes with a membership user list, should be located via domain.com/members by default :slight_smile:

Are you wanting to add the custom fields to that?

We do have a post on customizing the BP members directory too :slight_smile: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-a-custom-buddypress-members-directory/

Our Directory plugin is a custom post type for creating directory listings then displaying those, it won't work for displaying users.

Hope this helps Dave! Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• dave
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tyler - Yes, there is the membership user list, but it's very limited in just showing the persons name, so I'm looking to include the custom fields that I put into Buddypress profile and I have being filled out with Membership Pro (which works wonderfully by the way).

In reading the article you referenced, it seemed like she's saying that you modify the members-loop.php file. If I add the custom fields I created in the profile, will that show in the list? If this is outside of WPMU product since it's more buddy press related no problem Tyler. I don't want to abuse your help - you all are very helpful.
    Dave

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hey there @dave,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

To do this customization you must be comfortable in web development and wordpress theming. In the tutorial members-loop.php is the file responsible on showing all members. So this is the file you need to modify if you want to additonal extra information / data.

Let me know if it helps! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.