With CoursePress Pro is it possible to grant Free Access or protect all by membership?

Just a question.

On our site, we are selling courses individually.

I am wondering if it is possible for us to grant free access to paid courses for specific individuals.

Also, I am wondering if it is feasible to sell courses individually and also, set up a membership platform where customers can pay a monthly fee for course access as opposed to having to buy them all individually.

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Meagan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The CoursePress Pro plugin itself is designed to let you offer curses that are either free or "one-time-payment". The latter requires our MarketPress plugin to work, so the courses are then offered as products.

The best way to go here would be then to make use of our other plugin called Protected Content. You can find more about it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/

I am wondering if it is possible for us to grant free access to paid courses for specific individuals.

This can be achieved with MarketPress Coupons. On your dashboard's

"Products" -> "Store Settings" -> "Coupons" page

you can create special discount coupons (in this case 100% discount) and even assign them to a selected category or single product (course in this case). Then you can distribute these coupon codes among those individuals.

Also, I am wondering if it is feasible to sell courses individually and also, set up a membership platform where customers can pay a monthly fee for course access as opposed to having to buy them all individually.

This is where Protected Content enters the stage. Every course can be duplicated, so you end up with each one doubled. For one copy you set a price then and for the second - you make it free.

Next step would be to protect access to those free copies with Protected Content but leave the payed ones accessible for everyone. This way all singed up members would be allowed to take courses without buying them and everyone else would have to visit your store and pay for access.

I hope this makes sense to your :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.