With Membrership Login Directs To Protected Content page

I am using Membership on several sites (not as multisite). Each site is experiencing the same thing. Upon login, the page shows a Protected Content splash screen. I saw in some posts that Membership as a Redirect On Login option but I cannot find that anywhere. I feel that may have been the earlier Membership, while I am using Membership 2. Before I go the whole nine yards and give you back door access to the site is there a quick fix for a known issue here? I believe I am only using positive rules for all membership types: if you are Level 2 these pages show. So, I don't think I have a conflict in the rules going on.

Thanks,
Ethan

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Ethan,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Positive and Negative rules are not available in Membership 2, it's something that was available in previous Membership plugin.

M2 does come with redirect control, you can enable/disable it from the Membership 2 > Add-ons panel.

Before I go the whole nine yards and give you back door access to the site is there a quick fix for a known issue here?

I'm actually not 100% sure which splash page are you referring to so granting support access so we can test this would most likely speed things up here.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and there's certainly something strange going on there, the page doesn't properly refresh after the login and I tried poking around your settings for the possible issues but everything seems fine there.

It could be that there's some kind of plugin/theme conflict on your installation that could be causing this so could you try disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme to see if it works after that.

Since this is happening on multiple sites for you I would suggest checking which plugins are on each site and disable those first.

Also, do you have any additional rules in your .htaccess file or you are using default WP ones?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ethan
    • Flash Drive

So, I have discovered that if you login from the Protected Content page itself it causes this error. But if you log in from wp-login.php there is no problem. How can I get rid of the login fields on the Protected Content page to force the user clicks on a link to wp-login instead?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ethan,

Issue is not that you're redirected to wrong page, the problem is that redirection is not working and you actually stay on protected page.

We were doing some further testing and reported the bug to our developers and they are working on this getting resolved asap.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.