With the Membership plugin new registrants are Inactive and require manual activation.

Hi,

I’m using Buddypres with the Membership plugin.

New Free Users need to be activated manually, what is wrong with my configuration?

In Edit Membership the subscription lists the Free User Subscription TWICE for these new frree users.

Gateway is admin, freesubscriptions What is the admin gateway?

Options set to enable incomplete signup, but these are not incomplete.

Active Gateways are Free Subscriptions and PayPal Express

In Network Admin>Settings>”Allow new registrations” is set to : Logged in users may register new sites. I think this should not be set to “New Accounts may be Registered”.

Thanks,

Larry

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you run the verify membership tables operation in the Repair Membership menu and let us know what you get. Thanks.

In Network Admin>Settings>”Allow new registrations” is set to : Logged in users may register new sites.

Yep, that’s the correct setting.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

In Edit Membership the subscription lists the Free User Subscription TWICE for these new frree users.

Any chance of a screenshot to show what you mean here?

Gateway is admin, freesubscriptions What is the admin gateway?

This the gateway that is assigned when the user is added via the admin area, or a gateway isn’t specified.

Can you wipe the membership directory from your server, redownload the plugin and FTP it back up to the server to make sure you have the most recent version of all files.

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I've attached an image so that you can see the subscription listed twice as is the gateway. You can see the admin gateway. This is a test ID so I have added, deleted and added to test enrollment. I think my db has issues.

At this point, I plan to rebuild the site from scratch to remove the Global Membership change and get rid of my other issue where the User count is bad and my efforts at cleaning up the db has not fixed it.

In the process I will be moving to a better hosting situation too.

Too bad the global membership thing did not work out, but it was worth trying.

If you want I think we can close out this topic.

Thanks,

Larry

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Larry,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers, James

• alex.b
    • New Recruit

Hi I'm having the same issue. I'm just using Free Gateway, all worked fine. User got signed according to their subscriptions.

Then I installed theme my login yesterday. and it conflicted alot with membership plugin. so i deactivated it.

problem is:

1. I have two free payment gateways on the gateway list.

2. when users sign up (and select their subscription), they don't get assigned to any subscription.

3. in the subscriptions page it says: You do not have a subscription.. Please selct a subscription below. When you select one there it shows the content of the popup form on a separate page.

everything has pretty much gone completely wild.

Any idea what to do?

• alex.b
    • New Recruit

An update: For the two free subscriptions. I created a custom one in the same folder. Had a completely different name. However it was still recognized by the plugin. So i deleted it. And now you don’t see two of the same gateway. So one problem solved.

Issue still remains: Users don’t get activated when they sign up. Admin has to activate them.

Couple of notes:

1. Activation by admin on free gateway works.

2. Deactivated ALL plugins. Still not working.

3. Deleted all plugins that were installed. Not working.

4. Deleted membership plugin and all data. Reinstalled (still all old data came back for some reason). Still not working.

I’m stuck…………….

Why can’t users just get activated automatically when they sign up……….

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

FWIW, I ended up using only Pro Sites and not the Membership plugin. Pro Sites delivered most of what I needed more simply.

I’m now considering paying :slight_frown: for Gravity Forms Developer but there seems to be an issue with New Blog Template. My main interest is to have blogs and IDs created AFTER payment. But it may allow to use the standard (not Pro) PayPal for recurring billing because the billing is handled by the plugin not PayPal.

Regards,

Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.