With the Reader plugin, can you see an unread post count on the sites that you are following?

We want to use the Reader plugin for our teachers to quickly access their student's blogs and comment on them. However we also want them to be able to quickly see if the student has posted anything since their last visit - an unread post count if you will. However the plugin doesn't seem to show that - is there anyway to work around that, or any chance it is a feature that could be added?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @WAB,

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently there isn't any plugin feature to achieve it so i will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

You can try using RECENT POSTS Reader module to display the most recent posts from across your entire network.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great day!

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• WAB
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Vinod,

Does the RECENT POSTS module display the most recent post from EVERY blog that I am following?

In other words if a teacher is following the blogs from each student in their class, they could scan down the RECENT POSTS and see the last post from EACH student - if so, what order would they be sorted in?

• Vinod Dalvi
      • WP Unicorn

Hi @WAB,

Thanks for your reply.

Does the RECENT POSTS module display the most recent post from EVERY blog that I am following?

Yes

In other words if a teacher is following the blogs from each student in their class, they could scan down the RECENT POSTS and see the last post from EACH student - if so, what order would they be sorted in?

Yes they get displayed in the order from oldest to newest.

Regards,
      Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.