With the SBE template, how can the text show . . .

Hi there:

With the SBE template, how can the text show: in century gothic-8 point on emails that are sent via the mail-template.php? I have this set already, but the century gothic-8 point is not coming through when the post notifications are sent on the other end. It shows in the preview area in the Mail template tab in the admin area but not in the actual emails received. How can that be fixed?

How can we Change text size: 'problems viewing this email' and at the bottom 'this email was sent to you by…' to century gothic 7.5 point?

The title of each post, we have %title%, but how can we make it centered?

On one line, how can ' Segreto Secrets' be h3 and 'by Leslie Sinclair' by h6 all on one line? the h6 keeps dropping down to another line (need on the same line or one line)?

How can we make the, "verbiage below feature image": The entire text from first picture above and below should be under the picture CENTERED. Not seeming to work and stays justified left it seems?

How can we make the Verbiage below feature image text size to century gothic 10.5 point?

How can we make ALL clickable links a medium gray and when hovered over a lighter gray?

Regarding the "Continue Reading" box (see the attached), it is not showing up anymore after the update (newest SBE)? How can we make it show again? It is in the preview but not the actual. See attached. The font size needs to be 10.5

***I have included a copy of the current mail-template we have so you can use it to see what we have now.

Here is the link to the current mail-template.php we have:

http://www.justbeamit.com/8tyd8

Best,

Greg

P.S. If you make adjustments to the code and send something back, code you post the adjustments made?

• Michelle Shull

Hi Greg, thanks for all your questions here. Let me see if I can answer them all. Before we dig in too deeply, however, your version of Subscribe by Email is out of date, so go ahead and update it before you make any of the changes you've requested here. Your example file has been deleted, so I can't compare to what you've already done.

With the SBE template, how can the text show: in century gothic-8 point on emails that are sent via the mail-template.php? I have this set already, but the century gothic-8 point is not coming through when the post notifications are sent on the other end. It shows in the preview area in the Mail template tab in the admin area but not in the actual emails received. How can that be fixed?

Okay, we're going to need to do some extensive template edits to make this happen, since we're sending emails, the styles aren't going to be set via CSS, the easy way, they're all hard-coded into the template. Are you comfortable editing template files?

The file you want is in plugins/subscribe-by-email/inc/mail-templates/mail-template.php

The styles are set starting around line 40:

public function the_content( $content ) {

$text_float = ( $this->settings['featured_image'] ) ? 'style="float:left;width: 394px;"' : '';
    		$meta_float = ( $this->settings['featured_image'] ) ? 'float:right;' : 'float:none;';

$title_style = 'style="font-weight: 500; font-size: 21px;line-height: 30px; margin-top:25px; margin-bottom: 10px;"';
    		$text_style = 'style="margin:1em 0;font-size: 13px;color:#000 !important;line-height: 23px;"';
    		$link_style = 'style="font-size: 15px;color:#21759B !important"';
    		$meta_style = 'style="margin:0em 0 2.2em 0;font-size: 13px;color:#9E9E9E !important;' . $meta_float . '"';
    		$featured_image_style = 'max-width:150px;box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);float:left;background:#FFFFFF;border:1px solid #DEDEDE;padding:4px;margin:0 10px 10px 0;';
    		$featured_image_style_dummy = 'background:#DEDEDE !important;width:150px;height:100px;box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);float:left;border:1px solid #DEDEDE;padding:4px;margin:0 10px 10px 0;';

$date_format = get_option( 'date_format', get_site_option( 'date_format', 'Y-m-d' ) );
    		$date_format = ( empty( $date_format ) ) ? 'Y-m-d' : $date_format;

To change the type-face, you'll need to add:
    font-family: "Century Gothic", Arial, sans-serif;

To each of the following: $title_style, $text_style, $link_style, and $meta_style.

How can we Change text size: 'problems viewing this email' and at the bottom 'this email was sent to you by…' to century gothic 7.5 point?

That's defined in the $style_meta, you'll need to add a font size to those definitions.

The title of each post, we have %title%, but how can we make it centered?

Add margin-right: auto; and margin-left: auto; to the $title_style definition.

On one line, how can ' Segreto Secrets' be h3 and 'by Leslie Sinclair' by h6 all on one line? the h6 keeps dropping down to another line (need on the same line or one line)?

I'm not sure what the issue is here as I can't see it in action. Might you please take me a screenshot so I can see the actual issue?

How can we make the, "verbiage below feature image": The entire text from first picture above and below should be under the picture CENTERED. Not seeming to work and stays justified left it seems?

Can you get me a screenshot of this, as well, I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

How can we make the Verbiage below feature image text size to century gothic 10.5 point?

Again, are you talking about a caption here? I'm not sure what you mean when you keep saying "Verbiage." Can you take some screenshots of the specific issues you're having?

How can we make ALL clickable links a medium gray and when hovered over a lighter gray?

This one is going to take some custom code beyond what we're already working on here to add support for hover/visited. Since we're dealing with inline styles here, we've kept everything as simple as possible with this template. I'm beginning to suspect that you may need to work with an independent dev here, just because the changes you want to the plugin are so extensive.

Regarding the "Continue Reading" box (see the attached), it is not showing up anymore after the update (newest SBE)? How can we make it show again? It is in the preview but not the actual. See attached. The font size needs to be 10.5

Please update to the latest version of Subscribe by Email.

***I have included a copy of the current mail-template we have so you can use it to see what we have now.

Here is the link to the current mail-template.php we have:

http://www.justbeamit.com/8tyd8

This doesn't work.

P.S. If you make adjustments to the code and send something back, code you post the adjustments made?

I need to see your code to do this.

Thanks, Greg. Looking forward to hearing back from you here.

• Michelle Shull

Hey, Greg:

This line in your file won't work:

"style=\"font-family: 'century gothic', 'century gothic', century gothic, century gothic, century gothic !important;

The way the font-family parameter works is to go in this order:
    font-family: "Specific Font", generic font, font type
    The generic font and font type are included for browser who may not be able to render the specific font. The generic font is always a websafe font, and Arial is just fine for any sans serif needs you may have here. Font type is serif, sans serif, script, etc. This is the what the browser will use if neither the specific or the generic font is supported. You can't force users to use a font their browser doesn't support, so we give an array here to cover all the bases.

Use this line, instead:
    font-family: "Century Gothic", Arial, sans-serif;

Thanks, Greg!