wizard loosing itself

So one of my clients found a problem when u go to website options for gridmarket and choose to edit a header for instance, it will go back to step 1

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

The first step of course is to be sure that you are running the latest version –> in this case version 3.2.5 then see if the issue still remains.

Please advise and if this does not fix it we will continue to dig into this phenomenon.

Cheers, Joe

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

well I don’t think you guys would be able to fix this tbh. So I think a custom page is at hand.

I assume I can find the page in the easy blog plugin and then just copy and paste it, into the same location and deduct all the button sections?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,

Thank you for the input and feedback which is appreciated.

I assume I can find the page in the easy blog plugin and then just copy and paste it, into the same location and deduct all the button sections?

That certainly sounds like a plan but I would not know for sure unless I indeed tried it.

Please let me know how it works out trying to implement it.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,

Thank you for letting us know to include the symptoms of what happens when trying to work around it.

I will indeed see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The problem with this is that when an user clicks a link that leads to a page not listed in the wizard steps, the plugin can’t find the step it should be on and starts from the top. Probably the easiest way out would be to just add a link to that page as a step, if this is at all possible in your set-up.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bonmaklad,

Sorry that we could not be of more help on this particular item and as we seen the lead developer has indeed shined some light on exactly what was/is going on there and a possible solution.

With that said and the need of a coder, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

There’s an additional option, which might work for your scenario. In the latest plugin release, there’s an add-on that will warn and allow users to exit Wizard mode if they attempt to click a link in Admin Toolbar that’s not represented as a step. This idea could be further applied to all links on the page. What do you think, would that work for your scenario? If you think that’d help, we can make it an add-on for the next plugin release.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.