Wondering if Events has the functionality I need compared to other Events plugins

I just loaded up the Events plugin for the first time. I've used several other event plugins in WP ("Event Espresso", "Events") and I was hoping the WPMU Events plugin might be comparable (or better!)

Maybe I'm just missing where the options are, but I can't figure out a couple of core ideas.

1. Let the user fill out certain information in order to register -- or is registration simply limited to pushing Yes/No/Maybe?

2. Configurable widget to show upcoming events

3. Ability to control output of a single event. I see all of the shortcodes, but not sure how to apply them or what to apply them to -- any hint to get started will do!

I'm generally a pretty high level WordPress developer, so no need to sugar coat!

• aecnu

Greetings cjseattle,

Thank you for letting us know and I am happy to see that you found what you are looking for and reported what was missing that you would like to see incorporated into the plugins features which certainly sound like a useful customizations to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT New Year!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Alex and cjseattle Happy New Year!

Thank you for your additional input which is greatly appreciated and also brought this ticket back under review by myself.

In hindsight I see though the first feature is not included which prompted the original feature request but the short codes question totally got by me somehow.

@cjseattle Short codes are code snippets that represent a larger coding block and are used in a manner like [shortcode] and when placed in a post or page displays the output of the original larger programming/coding.

The second question above Alex has indeed answered with the add-ons which increase the capability of the plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT New Year!

Cheers, Joe

• cjseattle

Okay, I finally had a better look around at this.

The answers to two of my questions are more apparent to me now -- I see the widgets created by the plugin, and I see that one can craft a template to display single and archive views of events, though this is not exactly intuitive.

What I'm really not seeing as an option is this: Let's say I have an event that is free, but people are required to submit their email address and phone number to register.

Is there a way to solicit this info? Sorry if it's supposed to be obvious, but to me it's not. Thanks for any help.

• Vladislav

Hello,

If you'll not be using the API login/registration functionality (i.e. letting your visitors register for events via Facebook/Twitter/Google), the RSVP buttons will redirect your unregistered visitors to the login screen, where they can choose to create a new account. From there on, the login/registration process is the vanilla WordPress one - so you can opt to use any of the registration process augmentation plugins to ask your users for extra info, such as the phone number. A note, an email is always required for a WordPress user creation.

• aecnu

Greetings cjseattle,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.