Wont save questions

Hi, i have just installed CoursePress Pro and I am loading up course content at the moment. I am building the assessment and with the last 3 questions in the assessment I only seem to be able to insert 2 multiple choice questions rather than 4. Can you advise why? Thanks Steve

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steve,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I only seem to be able to insert 2 multiple choice questions rather than 4

Do you mean two multiple choice questions or two answers to one of the multiple choice questions? I'm asking this because in the past there was an issue with number of answers to multiple choice questions, though it seems to be solve for some time already. I'd like to make sure if this is a different issue or if it came up again :slight_smile:

Also, could you please grant me an access to your site so I could take a closer look at your setup and point me to a course/unit in question?

Here's a guide on granting access:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Steve
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Adam, thanks for your response.

I have only one course loaded up and only have 1 unit at this stage. I have 7 multiple choice questions for this unit, with 4 options as answers. The first 3 question I have been able to create the 4 options as answer. Questions 4-7 i can only create 2 options as answers.

I have granted you access as per your request. Steve

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Steve

I hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

I did check your site and found few JavaScript errors in my browser console. Please take a look at screenshot attached.

As you can see, these errors are not coming from CouserPress Pro, so its good decision that we conduct Plugin Conflict test and see what it reveals for us. :slight_smile:

Other thing is that, I was able to create 4 options for question no. 4 of unit "Taking A Job Brief" but when I try to did same for question 7, it removed 2nd and 3rd options. Its quite surprising and unexpected behavior. We need to debug it in depth but let's first wait for your results of Plugin Conflict. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Steve

Hi Milan, thank you for your message and I never mind anyone chiming in. :wink:

What you described is exactly what I am talking about. i was able to create them but after saving the last 2 were not saved.

I will do the debug and see what happens. When you say debug, we are basically turning off plugins to see what happens yes?

Thanks, Steve

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Steve,

Thanks for allowing me to chime in. :wink:

Yes one way its true that when I say debug, I mean turning off plugins ( Plugin Conflict ). But we can also look for debug log by enabling debug log for your site. But that's second step we will conduct if plugin conflict does not work. :slight_smile:

You can know more about enabling debug mode for site here,
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hey Steve,

Thanks for carrying out plugin conflict test. It's sad to hear issue is still there. :slight_frown: Let's try enabling debug mode now. :slight_smile:

#1) Open your wp-config.php file,
    #2) Replace line saying

define ( "WP_DEBUG", false );

with,

define( "WP_DEBUG", true );
    define( "WP_DEBUG_LOG", true );
    define( "WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY", false );

#3) Save the file. Logout from your current session and login again.
    #4) Try to create options.
    #5) Go to /wp-content/ directory and find file named debug.log there.
    #6) Download it to your local computer/laptop.
    #7) Change it's extension from ".log" to ".txt".
    #8) Upload it in your next post. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Steve

Hi Milan and Adam Czajczyk

Just to further complicate this situation, I have created 8 questions for another course with four options each and it works.

So I am assuming it has to be something to do with that one course I am creating because I tried to add the question to another unit and cannot save the 4 options

Work that one out :scream:

• Steve

Milan, just duplicated the course and the same problem was replicated.

So then I started to explore by leaving all the questions in place, and deleting other elements one by one. No change ........... until I deleted the video and then I was able to expand the answer options to 4 option for all questions!

So then I reinstalled the video, and tried to adding another multiple choice answer and it worked. I don't normally believe in ghosts and gremlins, but today I am a little more open minded :thinking:

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Indeed its surprising behaviour Steve

It seems like, your site will make me believe in those mystical things too. :wink: By the way, its glad to know that your problem has fixed. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have anymore questions. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Steve

Milan and just as I was thinking we had "cracked" this case, i try to add a new unit and, our problem is back, so i swapped to single choice questions with 4 options and that works.

I know, you think I'm crazy but i promise I'm not, or at least I don't think i am

Steve

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Steve,

hope you're doing good!

I'm not a great fan of ghosts and this is indeed a strange misbehaviour. :slight_frown:
    Did you replicate this with an active video element again? If there're any particular steps that we can try to replicate this, please do share them with us!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.