I'm just trying out a handful of your plugins and have come to the most important, what could be a Woocommerce alternative. I basically need to know if your MarketPress can do what our client needs - eventually what it can´t do.
On this site I have come quite far building an accommodation booking site using WP Toolset (from WPTypes.com) and Woocommerce (with Bookings and Accommodation bookings addons). It is not finished, and with the lousy WC support and their new pricing policies, I'd rather use some time achieving our goals eg with your solutions, if it can work.
I could probably find out via trial and error what is possible, but since I might overlook something, I'll rather ask, ok?
A couple of things to know:
- The site consists of two "parts": Stories about areas,trips and experiances - and a booking part for accommodation and trips/arrangements. (The first part will work fine as is.)
- Before people book, they will have been in direct contact with the company, so they will know when eg a house is free without that being reflected on the booking calendar.
Then, site visitors should be able to:
- Book a house or trip for specific date or period
- The correct total should be calculated automatically
- - ...also based on seasonal prices (the company must be able to set different prices for different periods)
- The customer should be able to apply discount coupon codes (or similar - to adjust prices according to individual wishes without having to include all details in the system...)
- They must be able to pay, at least via Paypal (well known and trusted here in Norway)
- Get a summary of their booking automatically via email (when payment is done)
(- A good thing would also be if its possible to have the payment stop/wait in the system for eg a week, so it is easier to just cancel the payment. Believe that´s a feature incorporated in Paypal...)
Puh... I think that is all
(The houses/accommodations linked from here only tells ABOUT the place)
(We have made "parallel" product pages for each "house")