WooCommerce and Coursepress Pro

We've decided that Coursepress Pro and MarketPress is too buggy and want to switch over to WooCommerce. Is there instructions on how to do this?

We've installed WooCommerce, change the settings in CoursePress Pro. We are getting a message saying: "Your theme does not declare WooCommerce support – Please read our integration guide or check out our Storefront theme which is totally free to download and designed specifically for use with WooCommerce :slight_smile:"

We are using the CoursePress pro theme. Do we need to follow the steps as outlined on here: http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

and if so, which option?
Using hooks (for advanced users/developers) or
Using our catch-all woocommerce_content() function inside your theme.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tony, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

In regards to enabling the WooCommerce integration with CoursePress Pro itself, once WooCommerce is installed and active on your site, and go to:

CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General

You'll see two new checkboxes at the bottom of the page (see screenshot below). The first one in particular is important (though I'd also advise checking the box for the 2nd one as well). :slight_smile:

In regards to the CoursePress theme itself, you should be pretty good actually just using it as is, though should you find yourself wanting to do some custom template work, I'd try starting out with the catchall woocommerce_content() function. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Tony

Hi Michael

Thanks I had previously selected the first of the two WooCommerce Integration options and I have now selected both.

My problem now is that I don't seem to be able to successfully enroll students to the course.

I have setup a page that has a link to the CoursePress Pro course - this is the page that has the Course Description (Course Dates, Enrollment Dates, Price Etc) and the SIGNUP button.
    I can select the SIGNUP button and that displays the Sign Up page - I can complete all the required fields and click CREATE ACCOUNT.
    This takes me to the WooCommerce cart page - I can go through to Checkout without trouble. It's at the end of the process that I'm not enrolled in the Course that I have just paid for. Any ideas why I'm not being enrolled in the course?

• Tony

Just further to the above, we are using a coupon to discount it 100% to test the process. We've noticed a couple of things occur.

1. The user is immediately sent login detail upon completing the user sign up form despite having not paid for it as yet.
    2. The user, upon payment/coupon, receives an email Thanking them for the order and advising that it is being processed.

So the user account is created, but the complete payment process doesn't occur and the user is not enrolled into the course.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tony,

Glad to hear that you're happy here! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to comment quickly on this:

Another update - I have just marked the orders as completed from with the WooCommerce Orders page - this has allowed the user to access the CoursePress Pro course - is there a way to automate this process?

This reminds me of another thread I addressed recently, it seems like WooCommerce doesn't automatically complete virtual orders. I provided two remedies for this over here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/order-not-complete-in-woocommerce-coursespress#post-876516

Hope you're doing well, and once again, glad you're happy with how the two are integrating here! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael