Woocommerce can’t place orders when creating an account at checkout for the first time.

We require customers to create an account at checkout before they can place an order (we sell B2B).
Consequently, a few customers create an account at the checkout stage, and once they’ve filled in their new account details, billing and shipping address etc., then they select their payment method on the checkout page before processing their order.
When they click process order, the little wheel starts turning, however then after 10 seconds or so, a notification pops up saying we can’t process your order, please try again.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Braden

I hope you’re well today!

I tried to check that on staging site but I’m a bit confused with it because issue is related to the account creation/registration and the staging site is in some way protected from access – I need to be logged in already to even see it.

Since I’m not much familiar with the site itself yet – is there a way to make it “open” as otherwise I can’t test registration there? Let me know, please.

Meanwhile, I’ve tested that on the live site, trying to place an order there and I could see the issue there. I didn’t make any changes on that site whatsoever (since you specifically asked to work only on “staging” site) but I did take a look in to check configuration (not making changes) and noticed that there seem to be some connections made to some APIs during the registration. At least, that’s what WooCommerce logs seem to be suggesting. Then, in addition to WP Rocket running on site, it looks like your host has LiteSpeed cache enabled by default and that – while it can be quite “aggressive” (very efficient) – doesn’t seem to be “connected” to site. So, have you tried to actually disable WP Rocket temporarily and clean LiteSpeed (via cPanel)?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Braden
    • New Recruit

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your assistance. I don’t have any problems with you testing on our live site. The credentials are the same as the staging site. I have just created a store notice that will advise any shoppers that the site is undergoing maintenance.

Is it possible for you to carry out this testing before 6am AEST Monday 23rd September? I would like to be able to make sure there are no disruptions to our clients from Monday – Friday.

I will take a new backup of the live site now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Braden,

Apologies for the delay here, we were a bit short-staffed over the weekend.

I checked your live site but unfortunately, there’s not much information that could tell us what is causing the issue, there are no console errors and Woocommerce logs don’t show any errors.

I did some research on similar reports and the issue was usually either a conflict with another plugin or it’s caused by custom Woocommerce templates used in parent or child theme.

In order to determine the cause, it would be best to perform a full conflict test by disabling all plugins except for Woocommerce and switch to default WP theme and test it with that.
    If the issue is gone then reactivate them one by one until you find which one is causing the issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ncy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Braden .

I don’t have much information about this.

But some cache plugins also cache the woocommerce checkout page , once add Do not cache to those pages.
    If you use hummingbird you can add the page in settings.

best regards,
    Naveen.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.