Woocommerce compatibility

Hi,

Are WPMU plugins like Appointments plus and Events Plus are Woocommerce compatible too ?

Regards,

MUG

• Rupok

Hi Muhammad Usman Ghani,

Thanks for asking. Can you please provide a little more details regarding what type of compatibility you are referring to?

Do you mean that if you use these three plugins together on your site, will there be any issue? If yes, then they are totally compatible. I just activated Events+, Appointments+ and WooCommerce on my test site and nothing got broken. So they are compatible to each other.

Or did you mean that if you can sell Appointments and Events through WooCommerce? In this case, I'm afraid, you can't sell/book appointments and events through WooCommerce, but you can sell/book those through MarketPress.

Please let us know if you referred to something else. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Muhammad Usman Ghani,

Thanks for asking. Well, I don't think it will be a good idea to install MarketPress and WooCommerce side by side as both the plugins use similar type of functionality and both use custom post type "products" by default. But you can try a workaround to make these both work side by side.

Please take a complete backup of your site and database before trying this so you can revert back to current state if anything goes wrong.

Now, install and activate MarketPress at first. Then go to "Dashboard > Store Settings > General" section and scroll to the bottom and select "mp_product" from the "Change product post type" option. Save Changes. Then install and activate WooCommerce normally. After that both should be technically working fine side by side. I've not tried this yet, but it should work.

Please let us know how it goes. If you have any further query, we will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Muhammad Usman Ghani,

Still can't there be an alternate to above process?
    I don't want marketpress and woocommerce side by side

If your intention is make use of only one plugin, at the moment Appointments+, and Events+ focuses, and offers integration only with MarketPress plugin.

Other than the workaround mentioned by Rupok, if you want to integrate this with WooCommerce, and if you are considering custom development, would recommend you to check the Jobs & Pros section, in order to hire a professional to get this sorted, as it's a quite a complex task, and it would require customizing the core plugin to achieve this, which is beyond the scope of our support at the moment.

Please do note that the members found in Jobs & Pros are individuals, and doesn't have any affiliation with WPMU DEV. I hope this helps, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.