WooCommerce design change issues

Hi legends! I'm having a bit of trouble editing my shop page for WooCommerce on my site.
I'm trying to change the size of the thumbnails for starters, and the fonts. I can't find where to do this if that option isn't possible in the theme customisation page.
But doing something on the page like changing the banner doesn't seem to show up when previewing the page. Probably two separate issues though.

Can you help? I've granted support access.

Cheers, Tom

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Tom,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Upfront themes have some CSS defined in global CSS field and you can adjust the look from there.
    You can access Global CSS from UF sidebar:

But doing something on the page like changing the banner doesn't seem to show up when previewing the page.

I tried changing the header banner and the change was immediately visible on front end for me, can you try clearing your browser cache after the change?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Tom
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. That's a shame it's not easier to edit. I'm not great at CSS. I did manage to change the font. But do you have any advice on how to stop it from cropping the images in thumbnails?

With the banner image, I still see my original image when logged in but now I see the image you added there. Nothing is happening on my end with that still. Cache cleared.

Am I editing the correct page?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Tom,

I just set the header image to the one from your screenshot and I can again see the changes, I see that you're using Safari so I checked there and I can see the image there as well.

Did you try using different browser to save changes so we can see if that could be the cause?

But do you have any advice on how to stop it from cropping the images in thumbnails?

This is actually Woocommerce option, you can enable/disable image cropping by going to Woocommerce > Settings > Products > Display panel.
    Note that you will probably need to regenerate thumbnails after making the changes there.

Would you recommend any other e-commerce plugin that is easier to change design on?

Upfront currently supports only Woocommerce and MarketPress but they both have CSS defined in Global CSS.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Tom
    • Flash Drive

Hi guys, I hope you're well.

After working more with your tools and trying to build my WooCommerce shop, I must say that I'm very disappointed. Loved using it for the design of the site but having to program everything through CSS is not what I'd call supporting WooCommerce. This has caused so much time and pain that I really regret moving from Visual Composer to WPMUDEV. How come you don't have a few simple layouts that we can apply to shop fronts? I see you have a widget but only one with only one layout? And then when I click on a product it still goes to the default product page with is using a Panino template?

My biggest issue right now is that when I tell Woo what page I would like to use as my storefront it keeps using a Panino template for the page & product pages. But I can't seem to edit the template.
    My site
    http://www.facecover.se
    The store
    http://www.facecover.se/se/webshop/

Can you help?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Tom,

hope you're doing good and please excuse our late reply here! :slight_smile:

UF doesn't provide any additional settings and/or layouts for WooCommerce pages, that's true.
    You can still use any controls affect global theme settings, like typography, backgrounds and global regions that could be used in these (virtual) pages.
    Of course, CSS tweaks can provide the maximum of potential here!

You should be able to edit every page with Upfront, with the limitations that this provides though.
    So, if you go to your web shop page and hit the "Upfront" link in the top admin bar, you should be editing this page (and the relevant layout that's being used).
    When you make any changes, upon saving, you should be prompted if you want these changes to be applied to only this page/archive or in all pages/archives of the same type.

Hope that was some help, here's our complete UF docs (still a work in progress as UF is keep growing!): https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Tom
    • Flash Drive

Hi Dimitris, thanks for your reply.
    I've managed to make a few changes. But for some reason my cart will not load.

If you go to my webshop and add something to the cart, then click the link under to view cart it goes to the correct page but does not display the cart. I have tried adding the short code [woocommerce_cart] to the page in wp, to the css, to the code widget and even tried your cart widget. But nothing seems to make it show up.

My shop page is: http://www.facecover.se/se/webshop/
    My Cart page is: http://www.facecover.se/se/webshop/kundvagn/

Please help! Let me know if you need me to switch the language over.

Kind Regards,

Tom

• Tom
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag! Thanks for replying!

I've granted access. It's a Wordpress Multisite. The site in question is called "Facecover Sverige".

I've changed the language back to English for now. Let me know if you need any other details.

Many thanks, Tom

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Tom,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your cart page and after replacing the widget with Text element that has [woocommerce_cart] shortcode everything worked for me.

Perhaps it was some caching issue so can you check it out now and see if it works for you as well?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.