WooCommerce Login Appearing on My Account Page

We're using WooCommerce to sell a few virtual items on what is primarily a news site. Can't figure out how to hide the WooCommerce "Login" boxes from appearing on our general site My Account or Register pages. Standard WordPress login and/or register fields are already there, so WC info is confusing.

We had assumed that since WC functions as a plugin, users would be able to register to be a site user and have one account, not two. Most will not buy anything from the site, but if they choose to, then they can add payment info through WooCommerce flow through checkout, and that info would be added to their single "account," right? Either way, hoping to have Login disappear. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Anang

Hi @Ray Scarpa

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I can't access your site dashboard so I can't check what happen on your site ,displaying two login forms :slight_smile: But if you want to do a quick fix using css, and just made the form disappear. You can add this css code :

.my-account .woocommerce{
    display:none;
    }

You can use simple custom css to add those codes without changing your theme's file.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Let me know if that works :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Ray Scarpa

I will try that, thanks. I think I'm more concerned that the ability for those two forms to appear at all may mean that it's possible for two separate "accounts" to exist, which is what we're trying to avoid. Do you know if that is the case? We envision one WP account for each user, and some of those users will also have opted in to WooCommerce by virtue of buying something and filling out additional fields (like address, etc.) which are not critical for most users. Am I fundamentally misunderstanding this? So I don't mind trying to "hide" the form, but trying to clarify if users will need to "register" twice, once to use the site and another time to buy something from our shop.
    http://www.venturaclassifieds.com/my-account/
    Can easily provide support access if that is helpful.

Much appreciated!

• Anang

Hi @Ray Scarpa

Wordpress and Woocommerce is using same user tables, so it wouldn't happen. It supposed not to show two login forms there, but some settings or plugin conflicts causing two forms displayed in login page.

If user try to register same email/username either in Wordpress / Woocommerce register it will rejected, so it's not possible have two accounts exists :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Ray Scarpa

Still related to the above, I was able to modify so BuddyPress is handling registration. Wondering how to have BuddyPress profile be shown on My Account page. Currently it has WooCommerce shortcode there but only maybe 10% of users will need to see info about Payments, Transaction History, etc. Would rather have BuddyPress profile info on that page. Is there a shortcode? Tried to use the Membership 2 info on that page but displayed:

[ms-member-info value=”fullname” default=”(Guest)”]

Content Protection is disabled. Please enable the protection to see this shortcode.

(This message is only displayed to Site Administrators)

I'm assuming that would be blank if we turned on content protection (which we're not ready to do yet). Just trying to have a My Account page which displays profile info to the user. Any thoughts on best way to handle that?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.