WooCommerce Product Out of Stock

My WooCommerce product for my course on CoursePress is changing to Out of Stock. Even when I go to change it back to In Stock, it remains Out of Stock.

I’m not sure how to fix, and I’m not too tech-savvy so any feedback/support you can provide is very helpful.

As was referenced to in other threads, my PHP version is 7.0.16.

Please let me know how I can help,

Alex

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

I hope you are well today.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you’ve enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

Staff note: Related ticket – https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/from-woocommerce-purchase-to-coursepress-access

• Alex
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi James –

I hope you are having a good day too!

I’ve attempted to grant you access following the instructions above, however whenever I click the “Grant Support Access” button, nothing happens. I would guess you still don’t have access. Any way to fix?

Next, in regards to my other ticket (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/from-woocommerce-purchase-to-coursepress-access#post-1226908), you wrote that: “When a member purchases a course through WooCommerce, they should be automatically added to the course and should be able to start learning immediately.” What does automatically added the course mean? I have signed up myself and I cannot gain access to the course! Do I have to direct them somewhere after purchase?

Thank you for your help with both issues!

Cheers,

Alex

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

After conferring with some of my teammates, it seems there is a bug that has recently cropped up and your site is experiencing this bug.

A temporary workaround has been put together for testing. If you would like, please replace: coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/helper/integration/class-woocommerce.php with the attached file. You’ll need to download it to your local computer, extract it from the .zip archive and upload it to your server. Please be sure to make a backup of the original file by renaming it to _class-woocommerce.php.

Once you have done this, please test and see if this resolves your issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Alex
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi James –

Rather than attempting to do all of that, I deactivated WooCommerce and instead installed Marketpress. I seem to have everything created and set up, however the checkout process won’t move past my product page.

Is there any way you could go into my account and see why the checkout process is not appropriately set up?

I appreciate you!

Alex

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

Totally understandable!

I believe the reason you’re seeing the symptoms you are is because you do not have all your store pages properly associated. See screenshot: https://goo.gl/kRKjo8

What you will need to do is go into the pages you already had created for WooCommerce (or create new pages) and associate them with MarketPress using the Store Page Settings option in the Edit Page sidebar. See screenshot: https://goo.gl/hbkySs

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

That’s the beauty of MarketPress. You don’t need to! It’s automatically handled for you. When you associate the page, MarketPress automatically associates the correct template and loads it for you. No shortcodes or PHP to mess with. :slight_smile:

If you would like to further customize the checkout process in MarketPress, you can do that too. Just go to Admin -> Store Settings -> Presentation and follow the link and instructions in the Store Style at the top of the page.

But, if you just want point and click ease, all you have to do is create the blank pages in WordPress and associate them with MarketPress.

Normally, you can just do all this in one-click during the setup wizard, but if you skipped that step, doing it manually is pretty easy too.

Is there something about the checkout process that needs changed in your situation?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Alex
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi James –

Thank you for your response. It’s very helpful.

Unfortunately the “Checkout” page isn’t updating/working for me. I want them to go from my Product page to my Cart page to my Checkout page seamlessly, however it doesn’t seem to be functioning as you have described above.

Would it be possible to set up that process for me? It’s all very confusing.

Thanks James!

Alex

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

I’m sorry for the delay in responding here. I’ve been doing some testing and I’m unable to successfully complete a transaction on your site. I’m not seeing any JavaScript console errors so I’m afraid I’m going to need to do some deeper debugging.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: “Attn: James Morris”

In the Message box, please provide the following:

– link back to this thread for reference

– any other relevant urls

– Admin login:

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– Hosting Control Panel Login

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• Alex
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi James –

I’ve just sent that message through your Contact form! Thank you so much.

To reiterate: I think there’s a problem with the “Checkout” page. I’m unable to attach a Marketpress function to that blank page, which I think is causing the problem here.

Alex

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Alex ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Firstly, thanks for the patience here.

I try access to your website using the credentials you sent to my teammate James but I was unable.

Our developers already provided an hotfix that I think it will solve you issue. Can you please try:

1) Download the .zip file attached and unzip it;

2) Using FTP access, upload “class-woocommerce.php” to “wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/helper/integration” folder to replace the original one.

If this not solved your issue or you don’t feel confortable in doing this, can you please re-send the informations requested by my teammate in the above reply:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-product-out-of-stock#post-1230695

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.