WooCommerce Product sometimes resets to £0 in checkout.

Hi

I've looked into this everywhere and had success.

With WooCommerce, on one of my websites, when customers order products, occasionally the product will appear as no charge when they order it at checkout and essentially get the product for free. Even though the price etc is set when they first click order in the shop.

I've got little to no idea why it is doing this, any suggestions are hugely appreciated.

Many thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Elliot,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Did you run any WooCommerce updates recently? Also, were you able to observer any "patterns" regarding this price changes or does it happen randomly?

Have you also checked already with Woo if they could help you with that? I'm asking this only because the theme/plugin developer is always the best qualified source of help and it's often much faster to get a sold fix from developer than to track down the issue and search for the fix.

If you have already contacted them, let me know please what did they say?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Elliot Sowersby
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Adam

Everything is up to date.

I've spent some time trying to work out a pattern, but couldnt see anything that stands out. I'll keep looking.

I did ask for support from woo but no response as of yet.

It's quite an urgent matter as some clients are essentially order products for free, so I thought I'd post here incase anyone could help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Elliot,

Thank you for your replay!

The essential step here would be to run a full theme/plugin conflict test as described on a flow-chart in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

This is a basic troubleshooting procedure that let's us identify (or eliminate) possible conflicts caused by the theme and/or plugins used on your site that may result in this issue. Let me know please of the result and also could you please grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look?

To do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Elliot,

Thank you for your replay!

I can see the issue and I suppose that this may have something to do with variations. There's however a lot of contradictory (or just outdated) information on this around the web so it would be difficult to diagnose the issue upon these information only.

That said, I asked you previously if you could grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look at your setup. I would be able to review it and if necessary try to replicate it on my own test site and possibly replicate the issue. Could you please do this for me? Here's a guide on how to let me access your site:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Elliot Sowersby

Hi

Thanks for the help.

I don't currently have the WPMU Dev Dashboard installed on the website as it's a clients site, therefore I don't exactly have permission to give anyone else access. Let me know if this is still required and I'll see if I can set it up.

I thought I found a reason for the cause but it's still happening. I'll keep looking.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Elliot Sowersby

Hope you are well and won't mind me chiming here ?

I tried to view your issue in action but I was not able to replicate with any product at all! Tried with products without variations and with variations too.

That said, can you tell us which product is causing this issue right now ? And what about Plugin Conflict test ? Have you conducted that ? if not then can you do that now ? Just follow simple instruction exposed to you as flowchart in our this support manual to conduct it. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Looking forward to hearing back!
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Elliot Sowersby

Glad to know that you have already conducted plugin conflict test. :slight_smile: This ensure that there is issue tightly coupled with WooCommerce plugin and its related addons. :slight_smile:

After viewing product you mentioned couple of times, I was able to replicate issue. And at the same time, I got this JavaScript error in my browser's console which I think coming form WooCommerce Extra Product Options addon of WooCommerce.

Now if you can just for sometime disable WooCommerce Extra Product Options addon plugin to test it is the real cause we can identify this addon plugin as culprit here.

Once you have confirmation that this is the one which is causing issue, please ask support to their developers as error is coming from their core script and its not every good idea that we modify plugin's core script without knowing what is context of that script and how many other scripts depends on it.

So its my humble request to you that you contact addon developer and let us know what they have to say on this.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello again Elliot Sowersby

I think this time I've found solution of your issue. :slight_smile:

Actually by mistake you had put currency symbol before amount for each variation. That was causing issue. See this attached screenshot. :slight_smile:

After removing that currency symbol, I was able to purchase product with its appropriate price. Can you confirm this too please ?

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Elliot Sowersby

Glad to hear that solution helped you. :slight_smile:

I also can't think of alternative solution rather than editing products manually here. Because even if we go by SQL way of doing this then also we need to write some complex query which first fetch all the amount, then check for currency symbol, if there is any it replaces. !! Doing this may cause other troubles too so its better that you add those things manually.

There is another reason of doing this manually. Actually addon you are using for product variation, uses array like input to store different variations amount data to database. So it would be very difficult to change it the way with core SQL query.

Other option here to write custom script but that will require attention of developer so its my humble request to you that if manually option is not applicable for you then you hire good developer for this or use our Job Portal instead. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Elliot Sowersby

Hi Milan

I just spoke to the person who added the products and they said that originally they didn't add the £ currency symbol when entering the prices. Therefore it added the symbol itself at some point.

I've not looked into this much yet myself, but thought I may ask incase you may have an idea why?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Elliot!

I tried to "force/trick" WooCommerce to automatically add currency symbol to variation price but it didn't do this. Is is possible that these prices got edited later by somebody?

I can see around the web that the issues in relation to WooCommerce product variations prices are quite often reported but unfortunately it seems there's no "universal" fix for this. I think I'd now notified all users that do have product editing/publishing capabilities to pay especial attentions to setting prices and then I'd observe the site to see if the issue comes up again. I think apart from "human factor" the most "suspected" would be the moment of WooCommerce plugin update.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.