WooCommerce Product Vendors Permissions

Hello Team!

Hope you are well today :slight_smile:

Plugin: http://www.woothemes.com/products/product-vendors/

I'm having issue with the role employer, should not be admin roles however my site is a directory site along with Woocommerce. I need them to be able to edit/add/delete their own products on the backend.

When I first used it allowed my custom role with limited access to the wordpress dashboard and they were allowed to:

Products listing page
Add new product page
Vendor details page

Support says: "When you make it a vendor, it add some capabilities, like read_product, edit_product, etc. This is done via code, automatically at the vendor creation."

However now, something happened to the code beyond my knowledge, maybe a plugin changed it, but my site no longer allows other roles besides admin to access those pages. Those default capabilities are not set to any vendors that I create. This is an issue because I need them to add their own products or edit their vendor details themselves!

Feel free to access, create, test on my website.

Cheers

• Patrick

Hi there @Greg

I hope you're having a great day!

I just logged into your site and created a test user (wpmudevtest) with the "Employer" role. To be sure it had the reuiqred capabilities to access stuff, I also installed the User Role Editor plugin to check that (see under Users > User Role Editor in your admin).

When logged-in as that user, I can access the wp-admin and have access to pretty much everything product related as seen in the screenshot below.

Is that not what you are seeing?

• Greg

Hey support!

Mind deleting my pertinent information please? Don't want my branded site plastered around :disappointed:

Also the settings you see are what I added randomly from the first install of the User Role Editor plugin. If you try clicking on the add product it doesn't let you access.

I tested to see the default user role permissions (for my custom role) with the above mentioned plugin on a fresh install website. I noticed that when I selected my custom role, none of the checkboxes were checked for my role 'employer' who was also made a vendor might I add.

So that plugin might be pointless as it might be a hard code that got changed somehow. Can you research more into this?

I appreciate your support and patience!

Cheers

• Sajid

Hi @Greg

Its Sajid, working along side Patrick here :slight_smile:

Mind deleting my pertinent information please? Don't want my branded site plastered around :disappointed:

Yes! We can remove your site images, however you can mask them by hiding the branding and any sensitive information. It helps a lot to explain the process and issue.

So that plugin might be pointless as it might be a hard code that got changed somehow. Can you research more into this?

If its a hard coded snippet to add custom role and capabilities. Then the best way is to contact your developer to change it accordingly. Because he is the person who will be familiar with his code and can fix this issue in almost no time.

I just removed then readded the WC Product Vendor plugin on my site. The menu items (Media & Products) appear for my custom role however when clicking 'Add Product' it leads to the page: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. Any menu addition or supposed capabilities that are suppose to be given are not actually permitted for roles under admin.

I just installed WC Product Vendor on my sandbox site and it only adds "Vendor" and "Pending Vendor" user roles.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hey @Greg

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am going to flag SLS (Second Level Support) here for their invaluable feedback on this matter. May be they can help to get this working or may have suggestions/workaround (if possible). But please bear in mind that their response time might be slower than normal support, because they work on advanced and technical threads like yours :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.