woocommerce server internal error

HI,
Im encounter something very serious about woocommerce, i don't know if its because i update to the latest version or if its hosting problem.
I've deactivated all plugins and activate them one at a time, and also i have switch to default WP theme and still nothing works for me. The error am receiving is at the checkout page, after you complete the checkout form and select payment method/shipping method and then hit the pay button. am getting "Internal Server Error". ANy idea/help will be very much appreciated thanks in advanced.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thomas,

I hope you're having a nice day!

Please add the following lines to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

This will turn on WordPress debugging feature and write the log into file instead of displaying it on your front-end.

Having these lines in wp-config.php file, please follow all the steps leading to the error described (a few times possibly) and you should then find the "debug.log" file in your /wp-content/ folder.

It would be great if you could share the contents of this file with me. Also, if there's an "error.log" (or similar) file in your domain root folder, I'd also like to take a look at it.

This will help me investigate an issue very much!

Thanks,
    Adam

• Tom Whittaker

i try with twenty-fifteen theme still not working for me.

[23-Aug-2015 18:49:08 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'woocommerce_header_add_to_cart_fragments_cart_total' not found or invalid function name in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 213
    [23-Aug-2015 18:49:17 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'woocommerce_header_add_to_cart_fragments_cart_total' not found or invalid function name in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 213
    [23-Aug-2015 18:49:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function add_product() on boolean in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerceBK/includes/class-wc-checkout.php on line 217
    [23-Aug-2015 18:49:54 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'woocommerce_header_add_to_cart_fragments_cart_total' not found or invalid function name in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 213
    [23-Aug-2015 18:50:00 UTC] PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'woocommerce_header_add_to_cart_fragments_cart_total' not found or invalid function name in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 213
  • Tom Whittaker

its multi-db plugin making my life a living hell. months of work just went down the drain. I been using multi-db for months now , i don't know if its not compatible with latest version of wordpress or woocommerce but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix that issue, my head hurts.

i had to delete all of the databases and include multi-db , i create a fresh intallation without multi-db , everything work find but when install and configure it. all hell come down. please please again, do something about this issue.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thomas,

I'm sorry for the delay here.

I tried to access your site using login and pass you sent Tyler but it seems it's not working. Each login attempt redirects me to a front-page without any message and then there's still option to login. Please advise!

I'd also like to ask you if you've already contacted WooCommerce support? This error seems to be strictly related to WooCommerce code and I'm just wondering if they have anything to say about it :slight_smile:

I tried to replicate this on my own setup but with no luck, no errors. That said, could you please make sure that the access credentials you sent Tyler (I'm referring here to your sites login and pass for admin-role account) are fine and re-send if necessary? Also, is there anything site-specific that I should know in order to log-in?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Tom Whittaker

I CAN NOW 100% CONFIRM ITS MULTI-DB issue. the marrmax site was working FINE , so i just properly configured multi-db and everything else working fine, until when i try to purchase a dummy item from my test. and when i reach at the checkout page and click PLACE ORDER, i get the "Internal server error" but before multi-db everything was working supper great. by the time you see this post, you should received all login credential including ftp, user login etc.

THanks in advanced.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thomas,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for the delay here. As this is a complex issue I just needed more time to test and consult it.

That being said, it seems that Multi-DB itself isn't buggy here and is not the main culprit. Any "multi datababase" setup regardless of what way it was created (may it be our plugin or any other solution) always poses a chance that some plugins or some particular configurations will not work or some of its features will break. This may not happen immediately but for example upon some updates. That's because this was never WP creators' intention to use it such a way by default so every solution of this kind significantly changes the way WordPress works.

The error you're experiencing comes from WooCommerce and is strictly related to it so it seems that the plugin may simply be no longer compatible with multiple database setup due to some changes in its code. Therefore I can see no way to fix it other than asking their support to review it and/or adjust it to be "multiple database compatible" again or to hire a developer that would find a way to create a "bridge" between standard WooCommerce and multiple database setup.

You may then want to post a question at our "Jobs & Pros" job board and I'm sure you'll be presented with a reasonable quote (please note though that no WPMU DEV staff is involved there, nor the support team neither our developers!) or ask you trusted and proven professional coder.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thomas!

I understand your point completely. However, please note that unless you operate on tens of thousands of sites the Multi-DB plugin will not bring any significant performance increase in my opinion. As much as I'd like to say we can fix this, I really think it's WooCommerce team turn to make it compatible. I suppose that if it's conflicting with our Multi-DB plugin it may also be not-stable (or not work) with other "multi database" or "scattered data" solutions such as for example some cloud services or external DB services.

As for Multi-DB please note: "Multi-DB is a decommissioned plugin but remains available to partition your database" (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db/)

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.