Woocommerce Shop page title set wrong by Smartcrawl

When Smart Crawl "Title & Meta optimisation" is disabled, our Woocommerce Shop initial page shows the correct title.

When we enable the aforementioned Smart Crawl capability, the plugin sets the page title to the name of the first product we ever added to our store, "Activity Trousers".

Having done a Google search for this, I found someone else seemed to have a very similar issue that the developer said was fixed. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/conflict-between-woocommerce-and-smartcrawl-renames-shop-page-title

I've visited the specific page for the "Shop" front end, and tried to manually enter the page title within the Smartcrawl section; however, this appears to be ignored by the plugin.

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi James Robinson

Hope you had a great weekend.

Thank you for reporting this, I was able to replicate exactly the same issue on my end. I will create a report about this and send it to our developers, so they will work on resolving this.

If the hotfix will be out before the official update, we will post it here.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience!

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Josh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

What is the fix for this?
    Its occouring on our Lineofduty.Com website as well.

The browser title on public site for /shop is showing the wrong title

I want to the SHOP page in Wordpress, set the TItle and Meta in Smart Crawler, but it doesn't override the page at all.

I try to use the Smart Crawler to identify Custom Post Types and it doesn't show me the WooCommerce Shop page as one I can edit there either.

Please help!
    Mike

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Josh and Michal Vykusa

The fix for this is currently being tested by our QA team and is looking good so far, so it will be implemented in next release.

This release comes with a couple of other fixes and improvements some of them still under work/testing so I'm afraid that we don't have any date to share at the moment as all these changes need to be tested and confirmed by QA team.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi James Robinson

Hope you're having a great day!

Thing is that this particular issue was related to Custom Post Type archives, and was that the meta title of the archive was actually the title of the 1st post in the CPT loop instead of the archive title. This issue has been solved in the version 2.1.1.

But the current version of the SmartCrawl has another issue. The issue is that SmartCrawl setting don't affect the WooCommerce shop page. Our developers are already working on solving this one as well.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Allen

The issues were fixed on 2.2.

Are you still having the issue with archive page title or woocommerce shop page issue? It might happen due to another reason, so would you please create a new thread describing your issue? We will check and get a developer help if needed and this way the original poster won't be bothered :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
      Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.