WooCommerce Subscriptions in a Cloned Site

I am using WPMU Cloner plugin to clone subsites in my multisite network. I noticed that, per https://support.woothemes.com/hc/en-us/articles/204511879, all subscriptions from the original site are deactivated in the cloned site.

But the cloned site is not a staging site. It is a live and separate subsite that will be modified from the original subsite it was cloned from. And I need subscriptions working on the cloned site. I don't need the subscriptions from the original site on it, but I do it to work for subscriptions that sign up on the cloned site.

How do I do this?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @robphat,

How are you doing today?

I've checked the article you've linked and as you can see in the following part:

To prevent duplicate payments from a clone of your site, Subscriptions will disable automatic payments and subscription related emails whenever the current site's URL differs to the URL of the site where Subscriptions was first activated.

As you can see in the text above this should affect only the subscriptions made in the site that you cloned from but it will not prevent new subscriptions on the new cloned site from working properly.

If I understood correctly this is a safety measure so your users do not get charged twice because of the cloned site with cloned subscriptions if that makes sense, their subscription will work on the old site but it will not work in the new one and the new subscripitons on the new site will still work as it clearly states above that this disables automatic payments when the current site URL is different to the URL where subscription is originally made.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan