Woocommerce Support with Upfront

On our site, petloversmonthly.com, we're running into an issue where we MUST use WooCommerce, due to some client requested functionality being available with WooCommerce addons.
Unfortunately, when I activate WooCommerce, and get everything configured, the main store page shows up as completely unformatted text: http://petloversmonthly.com/shop/

I've attempted to follow WooCommerce's guidelines for adding hooks/etc to make a theme compatible, but due to Upfront's structure, I'm unable to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Milan

Hello @Jeremy,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for bringing this up for us. :slight_smile:

First of all thanks a lot for taking an extra step to assist us on this by sending credentials to us. But dear member you only need to send us your ftp and wp-credentials if we ask for it. And even if you send us, you'll need to ensure in its subject line that it gets assigned to one of us from support staff. So if I'll need it again I will ask first to our email guys and if I get some from them I will not ask you to send me again. :slight_smile:

Now lets get back to question :slight_smile:

Since Upfront is still in early development stages there are some plugins it's still not compatible with - WooCommerce is still one of those I believe; however, it's working with our MarketPress plugin - some of the virtual pages you can use the shortcode instead for a better look.

I am sorry but we don't have many possibilities here. If you can allow me to understand functionality which you think is not possible with Marketpress I can try to find its alternative solutions. But with woocommerce, you'll need to customize virtual pages a lot with css, and for that you'll need to hire web developer. You can also use our Job Portal if you wish to.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Jeremy

Would it be possible for y'all to assist in just adding the WooCommerce hooks in our theme code, per https://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

Really, if I can just get the global sections to show up (header/footer/etc) on the shop page, I can easily "CSS the crap out of it" to make it look pretty. The remainder of the Woo pages seem to function as intended.

As far as the additional functionality, one of our clients requests was to have the marketplace tie in with their Amazon Affiliate account, and the ability to display filtered products on certain blog posts/etc. We're currently looking at: http://codecanyon.net/item/amazon-estore-affiliates-plugin/2388006

• Milan

Hello again @Jeremy,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

Would it be possible for y'all to assist in just adding the WooCommerce hooks in our theme code, per https://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

Would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so I could take a look?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @Jeremy,

Hope you are doing well and really sorry for being late here.

Thanks for sending requested information.

Dear member after trying many different possible solutions and workarounds finally it seems to me that it won't be possible. The very first reason of this is upfront itself. Upfront is made such a way that it is best framework for front end customization, we never focused on backend and supported custom file editing and template supporting.

However I did try to communicate to upfront developer to see if they have something which does miracle. :slight_smile: But they suggest this will be very difficult task to do and will require lot of core file changes which is not advisable. But even if you want to try I suggest you hire developer or issue Job request at our Job Portal.

I am really sorry that I was not able to help you with this but I want to inform you that we have planned to make upfront compatible with woo-commerce after its first major release which is v1.0. But it will take some time.

Furthermore main reason of not using Marketpress you've said that one of you client wants to use Amazon Affiliate system. Here is little reminder. :slight_smile:

As far as the additional functionality, one of our clients requests was to have the marketplace tie in with their Amazon Affiliate account, and the ability to display filtered products on certain blog posts/etc.

Right now I've just confirmed with developer about Amazon Affiliate account integration, he told that it may be added in near future if number of community member supports this. Another thing is that Market-press internally uses different shortcodes to display different products. There is one shortcode which you can inject in posts to display popular product listing. Its [mp_popular_products]

Let me know what you think about this. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.