WooCommerce Update - CoursePress Pro stopped working

Hi,
Today woocommerce released a new update, that broke coursepress.
If the checkbox "sell through woocommerce" is ticked, i can't access to the course pages.
Will you be on the problem soon? This website is for a client, and it can't suddenly break like this.
Please let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Darren,

Hope you're well :slight_smile:

I just updated one of my installations to latest version of Woocommerce and there's was a big notification before performing an actual update warning users to make backups as there were a lot of changes made and they expected issues with other plugins, however after updating Woocommerce on my installation I didn't see any issues, courses are accessible on front and back end, I can access settings, units, go through units etc.

Could you provide me with some more info about the issue you are having, steps to reproduce or perhaps attaching some screenshots?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag,
    Thanks for the fast answer, at the moment i've downgrade woocommerce from my backup (yes, i've seen the advice and luckily i've had a backup of the website), now everything works fine, so it was definitely because of the update.

The problem is that any time i was trying to go on a course page it was just stack on a white screen waiting to charge, forever. As soon as i was removing the option "sell through woocommerce" from the coursepress settings it was working fine again.

To reproduce the error:
    I've just updated woocommerce from the plugin list, without changing anything else.. so it may be that i've got something that goes in conflict with the new version of woocommerce, i've got no idea about that, but until the update everything was working fine.

Hope i gave you enough info about the issue.
    Regards,

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

Hi, so, i've updated the plugin again just to post here some logs:

First of all, it gives a javascript error in the file "coursepress-front.js"

"jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
    jQuery('.knob':wink:.knob();
    }); "

it says that jQuery('.knob':wink:.knob(); is not a function.

Then, i've removed the pre-loader image i've had on the website and it actually shows the course page, without details. The booking system still works, but the page is broken (attached a screenshot).

Hope i gave you enough details..
    Regards,

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Darren,

I'm still unable to replicate this behaviour on my end, I'm not sure what could be causing this issue on your site, could you grant support access to your site so we could have a closer look at this?

Also, can you tell me where this part is added in your site and can you try removing it to see if that makes any difference with latest version:

<script>
    $(".amount").after(" *");
    $(".course-cost .amount").replace('£', ' ');
    </script>

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

Hi,
    Just to let you know, in the settings i have this option checked:

"Redirect WooCommerce product post to a parent course post"

That may cause the problem (i'm not sure, but i do need it to be checked though). Hope you can figure out what's going on as soon as possible :slight_smile:
    Thanks,
    Regards,

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Darren,

I checked your site and see that your courses actually don't have any units, we recently noticed that this sometimes happens on certain installations but still trying to figure out the actual cause.

Luckily the units should still be in your database so simply rolling back to previous version should take care of it, could you try this and let us know if it works for you as well?

You can download previous version from plugin page by clicking on changelog link:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

Let us know if it's back to normal after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

The website never had units, and it was working fine before the woocommerce update (not the coursepress update).

You think that the page doesn't work anymore because i don't have units set up in there?
    I could try to set up units on a course page and let you know if the problem persists.
    Please let me know how to proceed.

******* EDIT ********

- Just checked out, even with units in the course, it still has the problem.
    - Checked out with new woocommerce version + old coursepress version, same issue.

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag,
    At the moment i'm working on an older version of WooCommerce because i need to style up everything and create some other loops in the course page (the website must go live soon).

To reproduce the error i must upload the updated WooCommerce version. If you need me to do so, tell me and i will, but we can't afford to have the website broken for too long, so could you please work on the website straight after i update it?
    Thanks,
    Regards

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Darren,

Finding a cause of this might take some time so I'm not sure we should do it on the live site, especially if I can't resolve it by myself and need to call in developers for assistance.

Is there a chance you could set up a staging environment where we can do the testing without affecting the live installation?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

Hi,
    Yes, we're setting up a test version just for you to check the problem out,
    Thanks for the help..
    Could you tell me how to advice you when is ready? I will give the access through dashboard, but then do you want me to write here the domain or there's another way to let you know?

Regards,

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Darren,

I hope you're having a nice day!

Once you done with the staging setup, make sure that you've installed our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and then log it in using your WPMU DEV account and grant an access via "WPMU DEV -> Support" page.

Just let us know here when you're ready with this and we'll have direct access (no need to post any additional access information). In case we needed more "direct" access credentials we'll ask to send them directly via contact form.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Darren
    • Flash Drive

Hi,
    We've set up the developing website, but apparently woocommerce released a new version, after updating to that one the error disappeared.
    I guess there were something wrong and they fixed it.
    So if you still want you can have a look to the website and check out what could have caused the problem (at this point that would be just FYI), otherwise i don't want to waste your time as the problem fixed itself.
    Thanks
    Regards

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Darren,

Thanks for getting back with the info on this one, glad to hear that the latest Woocommerce update addressed this issue.

If the issue was on their end poking around now wouldn't do much, if the issue comes back checking changelog from 2.5 to 2.5.1 could give us a clue why it's happening.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.