Woocommerce + Upfront (Issue Theme)

Hi everyone
I am building an online store using Upfront's Issue and Woocommerce.
I need to make some customisations to some of woocommerce's template files to add in some custom code. The usual process is to create a 'woocommerce' folder within the child theme's directory, and add in your specific templates to over-ride in there...

I am wondering how this will be effected when using UF. Specifically, will all the customisations be overridden/lost when UF updates?

Any guidance will be much appreciated
Thanks

Luís

Hi Ana ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I would like to apologize, because I think I misunderstood a bit your question. Using Upfront, if I am not missing something, you don't need to follow the "normal" procedure to customize the product/store layouts, using a folder, etc..you can use the Upfront Editor.

As an example, if you want to change the "Cart" page, you just need to open it on Upfront Editor and do your customizations.

You can customize the "single" product layout too:

1) Open a product page on the front end and click in the Upfront link of the admin bar;

2) It will open the product in Upfront editor, where you can do your changes;

3) If these changes will be applied to all products, when you save choose the option "All posts of this type".

Also, the changes made in the functions.php may be lost in an update (in Upfront or other themes), the best option to avoid this adding the code via mu-plugin or creating a child theme.

However, as Fixer, Issue, Spirit, etc, already are Child themes from Upfront (parent theme), my suggestion is to use a mu-plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís