WooCommerce/PayPal error

Hello!

I’m not sure if you can help me with this one but I’ve exhausted all other options so thought I would give it a shot.

A user on one of our clients’ sites is trying to make a purchase one of our training courses through WooCommerce, so they add it to cart, put all their info in the checkout, go through to PayPal, confirm all that info and finally hit ‘Pay Now’. The loading icon appears and after a few seconds they get an error through from PayPal saying: “Things don’t appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.”

Other payments for different products have gone through in the time that they have been trying to make their purchase, and we’re able to make a purchase of the same item they are trying to buy no problem (albeit with a 99.9% discount code). The customer has also asked a colleague to try make the same purchase using different payment details without any luck. Also I should note that the product in question was purchased successfully by a different customer a few days ago.

I was just wondering if this was something you had seen before or could help with in any way – so sorry if not!!

Cheers,

Bobby

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Clear Honest Design,##1

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I’ve seen that in a past couple of times. Usually the issue was not related to the site or any of the plugins but was on PayPal’s end and was affecting the PayPal customer account. I’d suggest to ask user if he/she can actually perform any other transactions from his/her PayPal account (on other sites/online stores/etc) or does the same error show up.

In most cases that did go away after a while though it’s been a couple of days sometimes. If it’s persistent and also happens for some other purchases, the customer may need to access his/her PayPal account and make sure that all the details/settings there are valid and up to date. It might also be worth for him to actually get in touch with PayPal.

If that doesn’t help either and the issue stays there, let me know and I’ll investigate the case further.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Clear Honest Design
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Adam,

Sorry I only just noticed your response!! Thanks so much for that, we’ve had various issues with PayPal in the past so we’re probably just going to try convince the client to move to Stripe, which will make our lives a lot easier.

Cheers again for your help,

Bobby

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.