Word Press Registration Page Oddities -- Michelle, pls?

All righty...cutting and pasting stuff from the Live Support from earlier here:

I need to modify the look & feel of my site's /register-2 page.

1) The /register page contains no content, so can't be edited.

2) The /register-2 page (that contains the content) doesn't show on my site's list of pages.

3) When logged in, going to http://www.mysite.com/register takes you to the homepage. When logged out, it takes you to

WellHelloThere
WellHelloThereat 1:38 pm
@Michelle Shull: Lovely to see you. Thanks for being here. :slight_smile:

I need to modify the look & feel of my /register-2 page. The trouble is, it doesn't show up in my site's list of pages. The one that shows up is just plain ol' /register (with no "-2" appended).
There's nothing showing on the edit page screen of the /register page at all.

And when I navigate to and view the /register-2, it shows the content that needs to be modified.

How can I get to that /register-2 page to modify it?

When I go to http://www.mysite.com/register, I'm taken to the home page. But when I go to http://www.mysite.com/meaningless_string , it yields a 404.

When I'm logged out, it goes to a registration page!

But it doesn't go to the registration page I need! Nope nope nope. I need it to go to the page where a visitor can purchase a membership. :slight_frown: It appears to go to a generic registration page.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there!

Sit down & grab a tea. I think I got it.

Here's what I did:

In Protected Content, I changed the register page to register-2
    Now, that page can be edited by going to Protected Content/Membership Site Pages there's an edit page link under the field. I tested it, and added some test text to register-2. It showed up!
    So that solves the edit issue, and it makes register-2 the default page for your site.
    That left the /register going to the default page when one is logged out. I fixed that little red wagon with a redirect from /register to /register-2.

I think that does it? Should I get the margaritas? Test everything, before I jinx something, but it all seems to work okay for me?

Thanks, WHT!

• WellHelloThere
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Houston, we have a problem. :wink:

I logged out, went to my /pricing page and clicked on the "Join Now" button that takes visitors to the /register-2 page. It did take me to the /register-2 page, but now the "Signup" buttons on that page don't do anything. It looks like the page simply refreshes.

• WellHelloThere

Okay, so I tried switching to Twenty-Twelve theme. Then I tried clicking on the "Signup" button on the /register-2 page both while logged in and while logged out. Nuttin'. When I click "Signup," the page still looks like it's refreshing and does nothing else.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

My friend, I think we found a bug.

I couldn't make anything work on your site, so I went to my multisite, with no other plugins active, and a default theme, and lo and behold, the registration page just refreshes for me, too, it never takes me to a sign up form.

Adding a flag now! Will keep you posted.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Installed clean copy of Protected Content on multisite, network activated.
    2. Set up tiered membership with more than one level (can be free or paid.)
    3. Activate memberships/protected content.
    4. Go to site.com/register, try to join any membership.
    5. Page refreshes, no sign up form appears.

Thanks, WHT! If this were a constellation, we'd let you name it.
    : )

• WellHelloThere

Thank you for the confirmation that it's a bug.

A user's ability to register and pay for a membership is pretty central to the Protected Content plugin's functionality, so I'd expect this bug to be addressed pretty quickly, but ... well, is there any idea on an ETA on this?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @WellHelloThere, I hope you're well today!

is there any idea on an ETA on this?

I'm afraid no, we don't have an ETA, but we do try to solve all bugs ASAP and the plugin developer has already been notified about this.
    As soon as we have a fix we'll make sure to post back on this thread. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Well hello there,

we have released an update today that very likely will solve all your issues!
    In the background we have made a giant leap and converted the Membership pages to a custom post type, that can be managed in a much much easier way by WordPress and therefore causes a lot less problems.

Please check your Membership pages after the update - now you can actually edit the URL and the page contents from Protected Content > Settings > Membership Pages

Let us know if things are on track again with the latest version or if we need to investigate any continuing issues. And have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thanks, Philipp

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.