Wordpress 3.1 MU and New Blog Templates

Hey folks,

I'm not sure if this is me or if it's an issue other people are facing as well but I'm having some real headaches working with Site Admin/Network Admin and having plugins available in one area but not in the other. I'll use New Blog Templates as an example. I created two new sites, Basic and Premium as well as two new users, Basic and Premium, using the "Blog And User Creator" plugin. I want to setup a template blog for each new user that I create which is why these accounts were setup. A template for Basic and a template for Premium.

I can see the Blog Templates option under Settings in the Network Admin area but when I log into the Premium or Basic accounts I can't see the option to create templates. My understanding is that you create a template account, make the modifications to that account and then designate it as a template but I can't do that because I can't see the options under settings.

This doesn't only happen with this plugin but with others as well. I install a plugin but can't access it in the area that I need to access it. It's like the two areas, Network Admin and Site Admin have their wires crossed. I'm sure it's just me but I can't seem to make sense of it.

All I want to do is create sites for our associates with Basic users getting a limited set of features and Premium users getting all the features. I've tried the membership plugin but that's doesn't work for me for the same reasons. Any help at all trying to figure this out would be much appreciated.

Would it be worth my while to go back to an older version of WPMU?

Scott