Wordpress 3.9 login takes me to the profile page instead of right the admin dashboard of wordpress

After upgrading to Wordpress 3.9 now when I login into my wordpress site it takes me to a profile page of my site instead of going right to the wordpress admin/superadmin dashboard area. When I login I have to login again from this area. The first time this happened I thought my 3.9 update did not download correctly so Bluehost did a restore for me. This took me back to the most recent 3.8 version again. The problem went away with this version. I updated again and the problem of having to go to this page once again came up.

What settings to I need to change so when logging in I don't go to this page and am directed right to wordpress admin dashboard area?

Thank you
Doug

• Patrick

Hey there @Huckleberry Press

I hope you are well today!

It sounds lie there is either an issue with an outdated plugin active on your site, or with the method used to install WordPress in the first place.

Was WordPress installed on your site via the (preferred) manual install method, or was it installed with a one-click installer provided by your host?

Next, do you have any front-end login plugins active on your site that could interfere? Do you have any redirection plugins active on your site? Is any kind of caching plugin active on your site?

• Huckleberry Press

Hi Patrick,
    The update was done from the admim menu after the install of wordpress. Actually Ash did a manual install of Wordpress as we had some multisite problems. At the time I did the update of Wordpress I didn't have any plugins installed at all. It was a bare bones upgrade so to speak. I learned from you months ago not to do the one-click install method.

I do have a few plugins there now, but this performed in this manner before plugins were installed.

I do have a domain mapping plugin installed on the site, but it behaved like this before I installed any plugins there.

Thanks
    Doug

• Huckleberry Press

Hi Mark,

I did get some of my problems sorted out it seems. For some reason I had a problems, that didn't exist before, just getting logged into my wordpress admin area. it would take me to another user profile page. From there I would have to go down to the bottom part of the panel on the left and login from there to get into the Wordpress site. This only started after installing WP 3.9. Everyone I sought help from here immediately pointed at me having plugins as being the cause and an improper install or WP. However, I had a staffer from Dev do a manual install of WP (and he seemed to have done a very good job) and when this happened I didn't have any plugins installed at all.

I explored my login in and discovered for some reason the login protocol had be slightly disrupted so I did get that part of the problem resolved. I think I fixed the other part of my problem by downloading the plugin wp-admin-no-show. I haven't been able to fully see if it resolved my problem but the initial problem did go away. The plugin doesn't say it is good for 3.9 but it was good for 3.8.3 so I downloaded it anyway. Nobody gave me a resolve for this so I did this on my own.

Patrick was giving me a helping hand with this and he was gathering some facts in regard to my problem. Patrick has always been really good in helping me so I assume he is figuring out a good resolve to this problem.

I hope this may have given you a little insight and a lead to some resolve for you.

My Best to You!
    Doug

• Huckleberry Press

Hi Ash,

Hope you are well today and nice hearing from you.

Yes, the wp-admin-no-show plugin appears to have resolved my issue. At this point on that matter it appears to have been working well. Also on my sign in problem, it did change the my login. I had the www in front of my website loggin. After taking the www out of the login credentials it resolved that issue too.

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your follow up very much.

Doug

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.