WordPress 4.7 release breaks WPMUdev dashboard

I have updated to WP 4.7 on a local dev site. My WPMUdev dashboard went bad. I'm seeing references to incsub support and membership. Screen shot attached.

• richard_norby3
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

One other important piece of information. This is a multi-site network and it’s the network admin area that has the biggest problem. The menu has disappeared. I can still access different parts of the admin are using the network dropdown on the top menu bar.

Granted, these error messages are a notice and a warning, but I do try to keep my site clean.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi richard,

Hope you’re well?

It is displaying ok on my 4.7 Site.

Can you try de-activating the Dashboard plugin & then re-activating it again, see if that helps.

Failing that, can you disable all other plugins and see if it re-appears again, just so we know there’s no other plugin conflict.

Can you get to the support access page and grant support access at all?

/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=wpmudev-support

Thanks

• richard_norby3
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vaughan,

I’ve done some more testing. It’s the support plugin. Even though it was flagging the support plugin and the Membership plugin, turning off the support plugin made it go away. Do I need to open a new ticket that references the support plugin, or is it okay to keep it in this thread?

Sorry that I can’t grant support acces. The site is in my local development environment on my desktop.

Also, a fun coincidence that this happened when is updated to 4.7 “Vaughan”, and now I’m being helped by someone named Vaughan.

Thanks,

Richard

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi richard,

Hope you’re well?

I’ve changed the topic of this into the Support system plugin category.

Those are just notices so shouldn’t break the plugin, however, if they’re being output to screen, that could likely cause the headers error.

Can you try setting WP_DEBUG to false in wp-config.php

Then also add the following 2 lines below it, so it looks like;

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Now, notices or bugs will not be displayed on screen and instead they will be written to a file called;

debug.log

located in your /wp-content folder.

Sometimes the debug notices can actually cause issues themselves.

I have reported the notice as a bug though for the developer to look at.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.