wordpress affiliate is not working

Hello,

I installed affiliate plugin on wordpress multisite. Network of Blogs with one main site. I am testing it in a paypal sandbox environment. I am using it with membership plugin as well. Blog authors are set up in the affiliate program.

This is how the process looks:
1. User comes through affiliate link from blog to the main site
2. from the home page they go to registration page (with [subscriptionform] in it)
3. They fill out the details
4. choose the subscription
5. go to paypal to pay and confirm the payment
6. come back to homepage

Issues here:
Affiliate plugin does not record any actions. Actually, it seems to be stuck. I tested it couple of days ago just with clicks. Although there was only one redirection through affiliate link it counts 3 and nothing after that. Although there have been transactions after that.

Advanced settings feature does not work as well in affiliate plugin

Members are created correctly. I can see them in the membership plugin admin area with correct level and subscription.

Thanks,
Danustu

Screenshots in attachments.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Danustu,

That's peculiar, is this setup on the main blog in the multisite? Also, are you using the affiliate link provided by the plugin?

Your screenshots don't appear to have gotten attached for some reason, could you try attaching them again? It would help to get an idea how it's setup.

Thanks,
    David

• danustu
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi David,

My screenshots were too big. Now I am sending them with correct size.

Yes that setup on tha main blog on the multisite. All affiliate links redirect people to home page of the main site. I tried affiliate links from plugin and advanced settings feature that allow to add blogs url and every link from that url will become affiliate link. None of these worked.

Here are screenshots, hopefully they will work.

Thanks,

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi danustu,

Sorry for the delay here! Thanks for the additional information, I'm wondering if maybe this has a bit to do with how you'd like for it all to work?

Did you want the plugin to work on a site-by-site basis so sub-sites can have their own affiliate program? If so, you can simply activate the plugin on a site-by-site basis rather than network activating it?

Could you let us know if that's the case?

Thanks,
    David

• danustu

Hi David,

I want user blogs to have affiliate links to my main site and provide traffic. On the main site visitors can buy different level of membership. I want to split the income between me and user of the blog where visitor came from. I do not want subsites to have their affiliate programs.

Cheers

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@danustu - firstly if you are not using the supporter plugin, can you remove the supported addon from the affiliateincludes/plugins. It is called supporter.php.

Now, on to how affiliate works. If you visit the website without an affiliate reference, then a cookie is generated to say that you didn't first arrive from an affiliate link. The plugin will from that point on (for the duration of the browser session) ignore any affiliate links - this is to prevent affiliate account forcing.

If you visit via an affiliate link first, it will record a click. It will then ignore any other affiliate links / visits for 30 days - this is to prevent affiliate hijacking.

If you want to test the plugin properly, you ideally need a separate browser. clear the cookies and paste the affiliate link in the address bar. This will record a click. That browser will then *not* record any more clicks for 30 days or until the cookies are cleared again.

Hope that makes sense.

• danustu

Thanks Barry and David,

I have tested the affiliate the way you suggested and it records clicks and sign ups. However, it does not record paid members. I know who sent a user and they sign up, but I do not know which package they have chosen.

Thanks,

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

If this is related to the site you are having PayPal issues with, then that is why. Get the PayPal responses coming back and it will record the payments but whilst PayPal isn't returning responses (everything under review) it doesn't know when a payment has been made.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Danutsu,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers, James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.