Wordpress blog and Q&A site - integrated or separate?

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if I can get some recommendations or thoughts from the group on how a site similar to mine should be setup.

I have a Wordpress blog setup currently however am looking to add a Q&A plugin/theme to it. I was hoping to try the WPMU Q&A plugin and use my existing theme however have read there are still some bugs with it and it may not completely integrate properly - has anyone experienced that?

However was also thinking of just setting up a separate wordpress instance under another subdomain and then use a Q&A theme as opposed to just a plugin. However that means it would have a different theme altogether.

What do you think? I am beginner-intermediate experience with wordpress therefore am looking for something that is easy to implement and especially, maintain going forward.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings jacobq,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I was hoping to try the WPMU Q&A plugin and use my existing theme however have read there are still some bugs with it and it may not completely integrate properly - has anyone experienced that?

Though I am not the lead developer and have no vested interest in this specific plugin I totally disagree with the above statement and that the plugin has bugs - try the opposite way around - the themes are poorly coded, short on hooks, and in some cases totally structured in a very bad manner and the so called bugs are 99% display/css issues dealing with the former - I had more choice words to say to include about the framework garbage floating around out there but have chosen to refrain from further sharing my opinion.

What do you think? I am beginner-intermediate experience with wordpress therefore am looking for something that is easy to implement and especially, maintain going forward.

I think that you should apply yourself to the best of your ability and not listening or paying attention to the many unqualified answers here in the forums unless they are specifically addressing your WordPress installation and configuration - remember, only those having issues are here in the forums and the other 96% of WPMU DEV members not reporting any issues at all - 90% are unseen in the forums.

I am certainly not saying that everything is 110% bug free - what I am trying to point out is that it may be bug free and a conflict arises then giving the appearance of a bug.

With that in mind, do your own thing and let us know of any issues or challenges you come up with trying to get to your end goal.

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.