WordPress Chat, on multisite admins.

Hi. I installed the "WordPress Chat". My goal was to give the admins of the network a way to communicate with superadmins from their page's backend. Is it possible with this plugin?

The settings are confusing. After I network installed the plugin, it seemed like every page got their own chat, and had this alert showing in the admin:

You have installed the WordPress Chat plugin. Please review the polling interval settings before using. In most cases the default options will work for your host configuration. However, in some unique cases the polling interval is too frequent and could cause your hosting to shutdown your account. Once you have reviewed and saved the chat settings this message will no longer appear.

I went through every option in the settings, but was not able to show the chat window in the "lower right corner in the admin", what I tried to achieve.

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Eetu ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

You can enable admin chat by going to WP Admin > Network > Chat > Settings Site > Bottom Corner => "Display Bottom Corner Chat on WPAdmin?" and change it to Enable.

This should enable the admin chat for main site as well as subsites.

Regarding the polling interval settings message, it is more of a warning. This option determines how often will your site check for new messages. The higher the number, the less work your server will do, but on the other hand, the messages will refresh at a slower rate. So if you set it to 10, the messages will refresh every 10 seconds and you will have delayed communication. It is a matter of balance between user needs. If you are OK with slower communication, then feel free to set it to a higher number.

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.