WordPress Child Style.css Not Working For All Sites

Hi, there. I have a site at http://www.dreamwave.org, and it has a problem that has been occurring with all of my sites (which are on the same server). The child theme style.css is simply not working. No matter what edits I make, they don't appear, and if they do, they must take hours before coming on. I tried disabling Varnish Cache, but to no avail. Could someone help me with this? Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @GodSync A,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I checked your site and found the site is using the parent flat-theme theme and not the child theme, also it's embedding the parent theme flat-theme style.css file twice in the page.

I checked the theme demo on the site http://shapebootstrap.net/demo/wordpress/flat_theme/ and found it's not embedding the style.css file twice in the page.

Have yo made any changes in the theme that caused this issue?

If yes please revert the changes or delete the theme and use the fresh version of it.

Please use the child theme and make any changes in the style.css file of it so that i can test the changes.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @GodSync,

It's absolutely not the problem with WordPress.

Could you please tell me how you were adding the code in the style.css file of your child theme? Using WordPress theme editor or FTP or File Manager?

Please use the child theme again on any of your site and make changes in it so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• GodSync
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Vinod. I added it using both the WordPress theme editor and the FTP/File Manager, and it didn't work. I have also made changes to the child theme per your request. Thanks! If you can help fix this, I will be very grateful.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @GodSync

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience
    Looks like @Vinod is really busy, I'm gonna take the liberty of chipping in here.

I suspect the child theme is not set up correctly. Can you look at the configuration shown here and check if its done correctly in your child theme ? Look specifically to see if the parent is set correctly and that the child and not the parent is activated.

If it makes sense you can follow this excellent guide on our blog to configure one from scratch and copy paste bits of code once its ready

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.