WordPress Development and deployment help

Hi,

I want to develop about 10 WordPress based websites. They all are going to be the same- same plugins and settings,same theme etc. What is the easy way to do this?

I am planning to do as follows.

1. Develop a base website in Wamp server
2. Export and import to server
3. Find and replace domain name for all 10 sites

Is this possible?
How to do it? I have not done find and replace or moving a WordPress site from Wamp to live server. Please explain or link to correct blog posts.
I want to deploy sites as soon as a client asks for. This would be possible only with the above method right? Is there any way out?

Advice please.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey CatMan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for this question!

I think there are two ways to go:

1. Using WP Multisite:

Assuming you're going to host all the sites on your server and perhaps provide maintenance for it, this seems like a good idea. How to proceed?

- make a clean install of WP Multisite
    - Add our Domain Mapping plugin to be able to add external domains to the sites
    - apart from the main site (which is automatically created) create one "reference" site
    - setup all settings, plugins and themes on this reference site
    - install our "Cloner" plugin

This way you'll end-up with a fully functional environment where you can use Cloner's feature to deploy a site with just to steps: clone with Cloner and add a domain with Domain Mapping.

2. Manually deploy:

Setup a single install "reference" site and then just follow standard steps of moving WordPress as described here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-safely-move-wordpress/

The procedure described in this article will work for you regardless of whether you're moving your site between "live" servers or from/to WAMP.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.