WordPress Errors when activating Multi-DB

Installed Multi-DB on a the latest WP-MU I believe I did everything correct also got all greens on step 5 but when activating the plugin I get these errors:

Warning: mysql_set_charset() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 641

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:641) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 695

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Shawn,

Sorry to hear you're having problems here. I should be able to help you narrow this down.

Have you placed both db.php and db-config.php in the wp-content directory?

Also, can you please you http://pastebin.com/ to share with us the contents of your db-config.php file? You're welcome to mask out or replace any personal info such as database name etc. We just need to check the configuration.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you soon!

Take care

• Shawn
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I had actually forgotten to upload db.php. Now I get:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user 'account'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/account/public_html/wp-content/db.php on line 705

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/account/public_html/wp-content/db.php on line 705

db-config.php

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Shawn,

That would suggest a problem with the privileges on the database table, or it could actually be that the username and password being used is incorrect.

Can you double check the username and password actually have access to the database?

You could try using those credentials to log into phpMyAdmin

Or you could run this from the terminal:

mysql -u user -p

You'd be prompted for the password

Thanks for posting the db-config.php I've taken a look and I don't see anything that looks wrong there.

Best regards,

• Shawn
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

So I somehow had an extra character in the password.

When I get to the dashboard I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare add_db_server() (previously declared in /home/account/public_html/wp-content/db.php:35) in /home/account/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/db.php on line 44

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.