WordPress for Dummies

Do you have a simple guide to starting with WordPress for “Dummies”?

I’ve previously been focused on print design, but I keep getting more and more requests for web development and am trying to learn… but have no idea where to even start.

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi japistani,

Well WordPress is a good choice to develop for. Loads of useful stuff out there on Google, try searching for “WordPress theme development” and there is loads of good WP books on amazon etc.

However being a web designer myself I would strongly advise you to play to your strengths and outsource the web development side of things.

If you have no idea where to start this tells me you are no where near ready to offer web design as a service. There is SOOOO much to learn with web design, especially now. I have a degree in software development and been doing web design for 5 or 6 years and I still have so much to learn.

Its a constantly evolving thing and you have a lot of catching up to do and even if you do catch up a bit its still a constant learning curve. If you dont have the time to keep your skills up to date then outsource.

Hope that helps

• japistani
    • New Recruit

Hi… thanks for the honesty… I appreciate it.

At this point, I’m not looking to offer WordPress development as a service… I do have some previous experience with HTML and have done a few simple websites in the past… but, am looking to test and learn with WordPress for my own site before I branch out…

With that being said, if you are interested in some contract work and have a portfolio I can view, I would definitely consider it… thanks!

Jared

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.