Wordpress logs me out of the dashboard.

When trying to do certain things - including updating the wpmu dev dashboard, Wordpress logs me out, and takes me to the log in page.

I have disabled all plug-ins to see if one of them was causing the problem, but it doesn't seem to help.

I've tried this on IE, Safari, Chrome and Firefox and the account I'm using has administrator rights

Very frustrating as it isn't obvious what is causing it

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@rjbwarren@me.com

I have "Sabai" plug-in installed, along with the directory plugin component

Do you mean you have that plugin installed as well as our Directory plugin? If so, there is most likely a conflict between the 2 which are trying to accomplish pretty much the same thing.

If not, please test with all plugins deactivated, and using a default theme (Twenty-Twelve or Twenty-Eleven).

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @rjbwarren@me.com

Please try updating the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin with all other plugins deactivated, including Sabai, and with a default theme enabled.

This is the easiest way to detect if there is a conflict with an existing plugin/theme. If you can update the dashboard plugin when nothing else is active, then there is a conflict with another plugin/theme.

You would then re-activate your theme and test again. If the issue is still not present, re-activate plugins one-by-one, testing again with each activation until the conflict re-appears.

• Rich
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for this. I tried this (setting it to twenty twelve theme, deactivating all plug-ins) and tried to upgrade the dashboard but again it sent me straight to the login page.

I separately tried re-enabling the sabai plug-in under the same conditions, but this too sent me back to the login screen as before.

• Rich
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Resolved:

There was a mis-configuration in my config.php file (the long url with www. was causing problems). I've updated it and have been able to update all the plug-ins, and also been able to get to the sabai directory configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.