WordPress, MarketPress, and Membership in unity..........

I am having an issue with membership and being able for a visitor to view products, currently it makes one become a member prior to viewing. I just got out of a live support and when Mason had me turn off the membership plugin visitors could view products but when I turn membership back on when a visitor goes to view products they are taken to a blank products page.

• aecnu

Greetings musicman,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I am having an issue with membership and being able for a visitor to view products, currently it makes one become a member prior to viewing. I just got out of a live support and when Mason had me turn off the membership plugin visitors could view products but when I turn membership back on when a visitor goes to view products they are taken to a blank products page.

The cure I think will be setting the Market Press viewable pages to stranger mode which was designated in the Membership menu options and that the system is set to accept stranger mode in Market Press.

To give exact instruction on how to do this will depend upon the current custom rules settings which could/would be more likely different for every developed site.

Personally I would have kept Market Press outside of the Membership site as just another sub site and just referred to it from the Membership site when applicable.

Which probably in my opinion would be a better SEO design.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.