Wordpress Membership plugin 1.0.5

Hi everyone

Hope you can help me out here.

After testing the free membership lite plugin 1.0.2 I decided I needed more levels and a coupon feature.

I have joined the community and downloaded the latest version 1.0.5 and have copied this over the origonal plugin folder in my standard 3.0.3 wp install (not MU).

This leads me to my first question:

1. To update a plugin do I simply de-active the plugin copy over the origonal files and reactivate? What happens to any database changes? Are these dealt with by the plugin on first execution of the new code?

Next I looked at the invite codes and feel that this is limited functionality in comparison to that which WPMU Dev use with regard to coupon codes. I perhaps mis-understood that this membership plugin was used by WP MU Dev when I read "So if you'd like to create a site like GigaOm, Izzy Video, PSD Tuts or our very own WPMU DEV... now you can do that with ease!".

In any case my 2nd question is:

2. Can you tell me how I might implement the same coupon code features used during the WPMU Dev sign up?

Final question relates to the size of my site. As the site grows I will have many more pages and can see in the levels section a note saying only the most recent 25 pages are show. My 3rd question here is:

3. How do I assign pages to levels if I have 50 pages on my site?

Thanks in advance for you help

Wayne

• S H Mohanjith

Welcome to WPMU-DEV :slight_smile:

Now to answer your questions:

1. Deactivate the free plugin and activate the premium plugin. It should take care of the upgrading.
    2. I have tagged Barry, he will be able to help you with the coupon codes. It will be after the holidays though.
    3. You can put the posts into categories and protect the categories. Also you should consider using Posts instead of Pages. Pages are for content that's not time sensitive e.g. About Us, Contact.

• Wayne

Thanks Aaron

So when I read "So if you'd like to create a site like GigaOm, Izzy Video, PSD Tuts or our very own WPMU DEV... now you can do that with ease!"

It was only referring to part of the WPMU DEV site? I dont know how I would have known that but never mind. Itf might still prove to be a good starting point for my work - lets see.

Can you advise if any of the plugins can offer this kind of coupon feature (integrated with the membership plugin) or how I might go about implementing this. I think a work around might be to adapt the invite feature.

All I would need to do is to limit the subscriptions on offer according the invite code entered. Whilst this sounds simple enough I wonder if you or one of the developers could point me in the right direction or simply tell me that it's a silly idea and prevent me wasting lots of time and effort.

Thanks again for your response.

regards
    Wayne

• Barry

Can you advise if any of the plugins can offer this kind of coupon feature (integrated with the membership plugin) or how I might go about implementing this. I think a work around might be to adapt the invite feature.

1.0.5 comes with the simple invites plugin as part of the download - just go to the options page and activate the invites and enter the codes in the relevant box.

If you want something slightly different, then the code for that plugin is held in the membershipincludes/plugins directory (called simple.invites.php) - have a look at that code for an example of how to integrate into both the membership options page, and also the signup / signup processing code.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.