WordPress menu appears at the top of website screen when user logs in

When a user logs into the education portion of our site, the Wordpress menu appears at the top, which is confusing to the user.

How I can remove the portion on the left hand side? Also, the right hand side says 'Howdy". Can I change that greeting?

• Ash

Hello Anthony

When a user logs into the education portion of our site, the Wordpress menu appears at the top, which is confusing to the user.

Would you please enable support access so that I can check? Please follow this article to enable support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

How I can remove the portion on the left hand side? Also, the right hand side says 'Howdy". Can I change that greeting?

Please try the following code:

add_filter( 'admin_bar_menu', 'replace_wordpress_howdy', 25 );
    function replace_wordpress_howdy( $wp_admin_bar ) {
    	$my_account = $wp_admin_bar->get_node('my-account');
        $newtext = str_replace( 'Howdy,', 'Hi,', $my_account->title );
        $wp_admin_bar->add_node( array(
            'id' => 'my-account',
            'title' => $newtext,
        ) );
    }

You can use this code in your child theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.