[WordPress] Message on Uninstall

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to get a message when someone uninstalls a plugIn form my WordPress site? Like “Name, Time, Plugin”.

Would be awsome if someone knew a solution for that.
Thank you!

(Reason for this question: PlugIns on my website have been disappearing several times without me recognizing it)

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi E-3 Magazin

I hope you’re well today!

Plugins can only be removed (uninstalled) from site by users of “admin” or – in case of multisite “super-admin” – role so unless default role capabilities were changed, you can rule out any users that are not admins. That is, assuming that nobody is doing that manually by simply deleting plugins from server.

If there are still users left that you suspect could be removing plugins, our Defender plugin should help. There’s an “Audit Loggging” feature built into it so if you enable it, it will give you an “Event Log” on “Defender Pro -> Audit Logging -> Event Logs” page.

That log would include events such as e.g. “johndoe activated plugin X”, “jane deleted plugin Y” along with date and IP address (so you can e.g. confront that IP address with a real IP address of the user to make sure if there wasn’t unathorized use of the user account).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello E-3 Magazin

Hm… that’s something new to me.

As with most of the plugins of any kind there shouldn’t be the same features (features doing the same) enabled in multiple plugins at the same time but other than this – it should work.

I understand that you tried that so can you please tell me more on what issue(s) did you experience? Were there any error messages, any unexpected behavior? What exactly happens when you try to use Defender?

Best regards,
    Adam

• E-3 Magazin
      • WordPress Warrior

Hi, I now managed to enable Defender. But to do this I first had to disable Cerber Security then enable Defender and lastly enable Cerber Security again. thats a workaround.

No, I did not get any error messages. When I klicked on activate I ended up on the PlugIn page again with the Defender plugIn still deactivated.

Best regards,
      Peter

• Adam Czajczyk
        • Support Gorilla

Hi E-3 Magazin

Thanks for updating us!

I’m not that familiar with Cerber Security but it is, after all, a security plugin so there’s a good chance that either some of the features duplicate or there are some “security measures” being added that prevent certain actions from Defender (such as, for example, file scan or modification of some files etc) so that might result in such issues. If there was no errors then I’d say that’s “just that” – Cerber blocking either some plugins or some “actions from the plugins” so that’d rather be something Cerber developers could look into.

But we’ll keep a close eye on this and look for similar reports in future to see if that’s anything we could possibly deal with.

Thanks for sharing workaround!

Best regards,
        Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.