WordPress meta bar showing up in strange place on front end

Site URL: http://amazing-magician.com/marchtest/another-test/

Hello,

This is a multisite. For some reason, blogs that were already created before today are not affected. For a new blog created though, when I view pages, the WP meta items appear
in the upper left corner of the page. This happens on all pages of the new site.
See attached screenshot or view URL to see what I'm referring to. Any ideas on how to correct this? This has never happened before. Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello twinsmagic,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I check the screenshot and visited the site but I must admit I'm not quite sure what do you mean. The only "strange" thing that I can see there is the black "bar" across the screen - is this what you are referring to?

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello twinsmagic!

Thank you for this additional explanation. I now got a better picture of the issue.

I'd like to investigate it and in order to do this I'd need to access your site. Could you please grant me a support access to it using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? Here's a guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Let me know here when it's enabled, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello twinsmagic!

Thank you for enabling access.

I have accessed the site and checked newest sub-sites. I found out that there's a difference between those that work fine and those that do not. It's about where widgets are located.

Please go to the "jeffgordon" sub-site's dashboard and click "Appearance -> Customize" then select "Widgets".

If you click "Divi Overlays: Global overlays" there, you'll notice that there's no widgets there. All the widgets are in "Sidebar" section.

However, on the "marchtest" site it's opposite: instead of "Sidebar" section, all the widgets are in "Divi Overlays: Global overlays" section. Moving them to "Sidebar" and removing from "Divi Overlays: Global overlays" would solve the trick.

I'm not sure though why that happens. I can see that "Divi Overlays" has not been fully activated so it's probably not working as expected but also previously created sites have widgets located in "Sidebars" section (which is fine).

Since I don't know how did you create this new site and how those older ones were created, I hope this finding might tell you something. Does it help you fix that or do we also need to research why widgets go to "Divi Overlays" instead of "Sidebars"?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.