WordPress MU – Adding New Site – Blank Website

After installing WPMU, I used the “Add Site” process to create my first site (Sub-Directory).

Received email notifications from WP for new site being created and new user registration.

But, When attempting to view the new site:

http://network.foundersync.com/showcase

The page is simply blank. Any ideas as to how I can trouble shoot this problem?

• ryangambrill
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Here is what I see:

Step 1-

http://network.foundersync.com/wp-admin/network/sites.php

Errors at top of page:

Notice: Use of undefined constant SERVICE_SLUG – assumed ‘SERVICE_SLUG’ in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 2

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 115

Step 2-

http://network.foundersync.com/wp-admin/network/site-new.php

Errors at top of page:

Notice: Use of undefined constant SERVICE_SLUG – assumed ‘SERVICE_SLUG’ in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 2

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 115

Step 3-

Added, the name for the subdirectory, site title, & admin email. Then hit button “Add Site”.

http://network.foundersync.com/wp-admin/network/site-new.php?action=add-site

Next page only shows these errors:

Notice: Undefined index: key in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/plugins/signup-blog-description/signup-blog-description.php on line 66

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php:2) in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

Just as last time, I received email notifications that site was created.

step 4-

http://network.foundersync.com/showcase

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php:115) in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

Not sure what this means. Hopefully you can help.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Okay, I would like to know 2 things

1) are you using new blog templates?

2) can you deactivate all the plugins, activate a twenty eleven theme and then try to create a new site?

for some reason it seems there is a conflict. We need to see if it’s install related or plugin/theme related first

• ryangambrill
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I do not have a specific template chosen. I assume that the default settings would take place for the new sites created.

2011 installed.

All plugins disabled.

As a side note, each time I do almost anything in the Admin, I get the following errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: themename in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 7

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php:2) in /home/content/58/8530558/html/foundersyncnetwork/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

As soon as I disabled all of the plugins, & activated the twenty eleven theme, all of the new sites started working.

How should I move forward?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

So from what I’m gathering it seems the new site was trying to use a theme that was not activated as the default theme.

You can turn off DEBUG now that they are responding. You should be good to go now that you can change the themes. I’d suggest setting up a template site using default options or disabling the New Blogs Template until you are ready to use it.

I’ll notify the developers of the Notices, but they are not harmful so no worries

You working OK now?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.