WordPress multisite/ A subscriber on my site?

So I am wondering about a user who just signed up today on my WordPress multisite network. He signed up for his own blog which is great.

However, it says he is also a “subscriber” on my main site. I don’t know how this can be because not one of my other members show as being a subscriber on my main site. They all just show themselves as admins of their own blog.

So how did someone create their own blog on my network but also become a subscriber to my main site? Upon registering on my site I completely took away the option for “just a username please” so Im perplexed how he did it when no one else has? Thanks

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Zyniker

Good question. Too many to list here LOL I dont think I have any subscribe to newsletters type plugins if that is what you might be thinking. hmm.. in fact just using the WordPress holder theme which has nothing (no widgets etc)

• Mike Price

Hmm no marketpress..here is some of what I have

Communities

Friends

Messaging

Contact Form widget

Content monitor

Easy Blogging

Invite

Moderation

Network Mass Email

New Blog Templates

Remove email verification

Password at signup

Thanks!

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@thinktaiwan

Hey no probs, will get round to it once i have my crazy first response time outta the way. If needed i may ask for the login later on today to have a poke round and see whats up. You could pre empt that if you want and use the contacts form here and send me the superadmin login and ftp logins mark it for my attention and add a link back to this thread in case i have a blonde moment and forget where we are :p

Cheers

Tom

• Mike Price

DANG just found out its happening with any new member sign up as it happened to new test account I just did. and the strangest thing is all of a sudden the log out redirect plugin isn’t working right either now. I have it set when logging out to redirect to my main network site but when i just tested it it redirected me back to the sub-site on my network that was created under that account…..

• Mike Price

OK on to something..it was the classifieds plugin! even after deleting it ..it still left a file in my MU Plugins folder called WPMU assist.php which was causing users to also be subscriber to my main site..however the logout redirect issue is still a problem.

I double checked and ensured that the logout redirect url is the main site of my network. However, when on a sub site I click “llogout” and I get redirect back to that sub site homepage and not the main network site.

The url looks strange too it shows the subsite sub domain then a / then my main site url.

• Mike Price

OK so it has something to do with the breaking of a line of code that i added. it was given to me by aecnu from this forum ..it was to get rid of the wordpress permission error page if someone tried logging in to their website dashboard but doing it from main network site instead.

He gave me some code that which essentially bypassed the permissions error and sent user directly to their dashboard even if they were logging in from the main site’s login URL. Somehow this broke but not sure why it would broke because the permissions error has returned. Can you contact aecnu about this? I can’t remember for the life of me what that code was he gave me nor where he told me to put it. Thanks

• Inforit
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I am having the exact problem every time a new blog is created the user is added to my main site as a subscriber.

Have tried disabling most plugins, and currently only have these active, but it is still happening after sign up.

Any idea how to find the problem.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.